Ovechkin milestone thread - 850 and Beyond!

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Red Wings didnt earn it. H
flat out did
50 seconds to go

No. It didn't. You posted lies and you got busted.

Ovechkin indeed missed the empty net. The part of your post that was a lie was that he had an easy pass to a wide open player who had a better chance than he did. That is simply not the case.

Ovechkin has been BY FAR the best player on the team at hitting the net in those situations. Expecting the greatest goal scorer ever to defer demonstrates very poor awareness within your post.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
''Only thing Capitals care about is Ovechkin -record!!! They aren't even trying to win!''

* Makes the Playoffs while scoring the least amount of goals in the East (15 less than the 2nd worst).
It’s pure cope from people that are stomping their feet about the possibility of Ovechkin breaking the record. Trying to insinuate that the achievement is cheapened or somehow less legitimate because it was done in some sort of gimmick fashion, that the team didn’t conduct normal hockey operations and sold out everything for a sideshow of getting Ovechkin a few more goals. They’ll say “but look at how much he plays on the powerplay!” the implication that Ovechkin playing on the powerplay is a bad thing and in a normal team he would t play much on the powerplay.

Seeing that “narrative” blow up and totally backfire has been pretty funny to witness.

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
1713362690497.png

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
No. It didn't. You posted lies and you got busted.

Ovechkin indeed missed the empty net. The part of your post that was a lie was that he had an easy pass to a wide open player who had a better chance than he did. That is simply not the case.

Ovechkin has been BY FAR the best player on the team at hitting the net in those situations. Expecting the greatest goal scorer ever to defer demonstrates very poor awareness within your post.
I parroting what Cooley and boys discussed on his show. He lead off with "OV has a team mate for empty tap in and elects to shoot long and misses" SiriusXFM Radio Tuesday 3:00pm.
So I watched highlight to see the play THEY were talking about.
You interpret it your way if you want. That was and easy pass straight over or off the wall and teammate skates into it for a break away.
If you are saying the Great 8 couldnt make either of those plays with ease you are the one who is full of shit.
With all due respect.😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Neil Racki

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
....it was an easy pass and his team mate is on a break away .....OV tries the 170 ft shot and misses.
no bid deal......and no need for you to bull shit about the play.
Ha!

1. It was not an easy pass, McMichael was covered

2. The shot was a high percentage play coming from him given his career, and just just barely missed

3. The shot was made in a way that McMichael was able to get to the rebound and be more open than Ovechkin just tried to force a pass there. McMichael still tanked an open net shot. But the caps actually got 2 attempts at an open net that were each higher percentage than the one play you;'re suggested.

I get that you're here to derive enjoyment from get laughed at for intentionally obtuse takes, but surely this is low effort even for you

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
I parroting what Cooley and boys discussed on his show. He lead off with "OV has a team mate for empty tap in and elects to shoot long and misses" SiriusXFM Radio Tuesday 3:00pm.
So I watched highlight to see the play THEY were talking about.
You interpret it your way if you want. That was and easy pass straight over or off the wall and teammate skates into it for a break away.
If you are saying the Great 8 couldnt make either of those plays with ease you are the one who is full of shit.
With all due respect.😉
Could he have passed it.. probably.. but ovi usually nails that shot.. I don’t consider a pass in that situation to be that much of a higher percentage play

In any event the narrative that he’s selfishly passing up open teammates to shoot for empty nets doesn’t hold water, as people who watch caps games know he’s passed up shot opportunities to pass to teammates in the same situation, multiple times this year and last year

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
1. It was not an easy pass, McMichael was covered

2. The shot was a high percentage play coming from him given his career, and just just barely missed

3. The shot was made in a way that McMichael was able to get to the rebound and be more open than Ovechkin just tried to force a pass there. McMichael still tanked an open net shot. But the caps actually got 2 attempts at an open net that were each higher percentage than the one play you;'re suggested.

I get that you're here to derive enjoyment from get laughed at for intentionally obtuse takes, but surely this is low effort even for you
🤣
Good one. You may have even convinced me if it were not were some talking heads on SiriusXFM who put the same slant on it.
But OV fans are a little like Leaf fans. Highly Sensitive .....any slight and they over react. I get it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Neil Racki

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
He will do it next year and will also hit 900 before the end of his career. It'd be funny, though, if he stopped playing after hitting 888 goals.

Without the lockouts and covid, I bet he could have reached a thousand goals!

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Could he have passed it.. probably.. but ovi usually nails that shot.. I don’t consider a pass in that situation to be that much of a higher percentage play

In any event the narrative that he’s selfishly passing up open teammates to shoot for empty nets doesn’t hold water, as people who watch caps games know he’s passed up shot opportunities to pass to teammates in the same situation, multiple times this year and last year
Good enough for me.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
So he finished the season at 853 career goals and needs 42 more to hit 895.

That's an average of 21 goals a season over the last two years of his current contract.

Marshmallow Man

Nov 6, 2020
As a huge Gretzky fan, I have come to terms with the fact that this record will be broken. Not next season, but the season after.

Gretzky will still likely have a higher goals-per-game than Ovechkin when the times comes. I don’t see Ovie scoring 42 in 61 games.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
So he finished the season at 853 career goals and needs 42 more to hit 895.

That's an average of 21 goals a season over the last two years of his current contract.
The only way he fails to do it, is if he declines steadily over the next two years and scores say 25-15. Do you think he'll come back for a third and final season then?

DRW895

Dec 29, 2021
One more comeback
30.12.2023 Ovechkin 7 goals, Strome 13 - last game of 2023
27.01.2024 9-19 - All Star break
20.02.2024 16-21
20.03.2024 23-23 ties first time in the season
02.04.2024 26-26
16.04.2024 31-27 end of regular season

It`s not 2013 Rocket Race comeback, but still impressive

Reactions: BallardEra

Ad