Post-Game Talk: OV Says "I Want the Hart!" Habs Lose to Caps

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
But calling it the DD line, which was what he was answering to, implies a whole line? Good logic there. He's simply saying it was Glachy's line last night, rather referring to it as "DD's line".
What? No. Jeepers, man.

It's because the guy said Desharnais (and I think) Parenteau were awful last game.

Clearly because he thought DD and PAP were still with Max.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
What? No. Jeepers, man.

It's because the guy said Desharnais (and I think) Parenteau were awful last game.

Clearly because he thought DD and PAP were still with Max.

I see. All I saw was someone say DD's line was awesome, and he said Galchy. I couldn't understand why all of a sudden that meant Galchy played alone lol

Anyhoo, I don't think that line was bad, but it wasn't the best. Eller's line was by far the best line last nigh IMO.

Saintpatrick*

How so ? When he was trying to dangle and lost the puck, or when he, like pretty much everyone couldn't get the puck out ? However, Therrien seemed to kinda like him, as he did get pp time.

I post about how Subban did something wrong, because none of you feel he ever does anything wrong and build him up above what he actually is.

How did you come to that conclusion ?

Desharnais has 46 points to Lucic's 44. I guess Lucic is the better player ?

Sekac has 3 more points than DSP.

While with Montreal:

Sekac averaged 13:48 toi/g and .39toi/g on the pp
DSP 12:45toi/g and .09toi/g on the pp.

Clearly someone who gets a minute less (on average) per game and doesn't even get a shift per game on the pp, would, you know, average less points wise. Doesn't help he plays with DLR and Mitchell (now)

Therrien scratched Sekac on multiple occasions so no he didn't like him otherwise he wouldn't have been traded. In several games he was one of the only guys that could win a puck battle along the boards and come out with the puck so you're dead wrong about your assessment.

Subban is having a Norris caliber season defensively, is 2nd on the team in points and is having a career year in multiple stats. So he makes a bone headed play once and while or takes a dumb penalty he's still one of the best defenseman in the league. What more do you want?

In all honesty do you ever see DSP putting up decent numbers either next year or in the playoffs cause I sure as hell don't. The guy is soft and lazy and never sticks up for his team mates and don't get me started on his offensive ability. Honestly I don't know if Sekac will be good or not but I believe he has a much higher ceiling and in my opinion it was a mistake to trade him so soon.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Price was a little shaken up but I figure he's got 2 games left to try and get win #42 or maybe even 43. Toker should get tonight's game and the last one against the Leafs.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Price was a little shaken up but I figure he's got 2 games left to try and get win #42 or maybe even 43. Toker should get tonight's game and the last one against the Leafs.

Was thinking the same and I think that's what they will do.

I posted earlier that they should give Price a break but forgot that he is chasing win #42-43.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Desharnais has 46 points to Lucic's 44. I guess Lucic is the better player ?

Well he's a career average 20 goal scorer, so ya, he adds more. Then you add his physicality, it makes him a clear better player. You can also throw in the fact he's performed well in POs.
I don't see how anybody would argue DD is a better player than Lucic..
Sekac has 3 more points than DSP.

While with Montreal:

Sekac averaged 13:48 toi/g and .39toi/g on the pp
DSP 12:45toi/g and .09toi/g on the pp.

Clearly someone who gets a minute less (on average) per game and doesn't even get a shift per game on the pp, would, you know, average less points wise. Doesn't help he plays with DLR and Mitchell (now)
Average less?? He has 1 freaking assist here. What he did in Anaheim is irrelevant.
He's just looking like a useless plug out there. Even his physicality is useless most of the time.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I really liked how our defense was much more involved offensively last night. A lot of our chances came from the defense joining the rush and pinching at the right moments.

Petry and Gilbert's goals were a good example of this.

The DD and Chucky combo played well last night too.

All in all, this was a really fun game to watch and I'm now hoping these two teams meet in the playoffs.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Therrien scratched Sekac on multiple occasions so no he didn't like him otherwise he wouldn't have been traded. In several games he was one of the only guys that could win a puck battle along the boards and come out with the puck so you're dead wrong about your assessment.

Subban is having a Norris caliber season defensively, is 2nd on the team in points and is having a career year in multiple stats. So he makes a bone headed play once and while or takes a dumb penalty he's still one of the best defenseman in the league. What more do you want?

In all honesty do you ever see DSP putting up decent numbers either next year or in the playoffs cause I sure as hell don't. The guy is soft and lazy and never sticks up for his team mates and don't get me started on his offensive ability. Honestly I don't know if Sekac will be good or not but I believe he has a much higher ceiling and in my opinion it was a mistake to trade him so soon.

Who says that Sekac got traded because of Michel Therrien? I don't like Therrien, but I've read nothing to imply that it's Therrien's doing.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Who says that Sekac got traded because of Michel Therrien? I don't like Therrien, but I've read nothing to imply that it's Therrien's doing.

People believe if Therrien used him better where he could have made himself more evident, we wouldn't have traded him. I tend to agree with that.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
It could be for other reasons, we don't know. We assume. But we don't know.
We don't know for sure, but Sekac's lack of playing time and numerous benchings would suggest MT wasn't particularly keen on him. Surprised Eller wasn't also traded.

Nynja*

We don't know for sure, but Sekac's lack of playing time and numerous benchings would suggest MT wasn't particularly keen on him. Surprised Eller wasn't also traded.

I think MB sees Eller as Plek's replacement in 3-5 years. He's 32 now.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal

Before you can lead you have to follow! If Sekac was not able to follow then how could he lead. That being said I have no idea what resulted in him being traded.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Sure. But you also have a pretty decent understanding of what happens in the game of hockey. You don't need to have a confirmed statement from the coach telling you who his favorites are, you can see it pretty easily.
Sekac was scratched after 7 games for no particular reason. 7 games. For a guy coming from overseas playing in the NHL right away. I mean, if Sekac was terrible over that stretch, then fine, but he wasn't. Most people were quite surprised and pleased with him. Speedy, big, good at board battles, decent hands, can create some chances. But no, he was scratched.
He was also put on a 3rd line in a defensive role. He got very little PP opportunities despite it being crap. Had a bit of a trial on higher lines. That's about it.
I really don't see what Therrien did to help this guy transition to the NHL.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Before you can lead you have to follow! If Sekac was not able to follow then how could he lead. That being said I have no idea what resulted in him being traded.

Bergevin said Sekac did everything they wanted him to do, but when he saw the opportunity of getting a guy like DSP, he couldn't pass it up.
So it's not so much about what went wrong with Sekac, it's more about getting DSP.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Everything could be for other reasons. Every bad trade on the planet could have ulterior motives. We still have to go with what we know.

Even if it would be an attitude problem, I don't believe you win a cup with 20 milk drinkers. And somehow, the guy cannot be way too much to handle after 50 games or else he's worst than every other bad attitude players that this league as seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad