Post-Game Talk: OV Says "I Want the Hart!" Habs Lose to Caps

Nynja*

...Price went down on the original shot and Gilbert blocked it right back to Ovi...he had no time to reset in tight...again, how was that his fault??...

But its okay to let so many low percentage shots happen!!! The MT supporters said so!!!

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
!!!

I wanted to like DSP he was just what we needed a potential power forward with some nastiness and size. He has shown nothing since he got traded here. Absolutely nothing, this isn't about hatred this is an evaluation of his play to date.

And damned right I miss Sekac if the alternative is DSP. Before you accuse someone of hating look in the mirror, you regularly spew hatred about Subban on a regular basis.

"I wanted to like DSP"

that says it all right there.

He's 22 years old... and has played what...20 games for the Habs? Admittedly out of shape. Yes..judge the trade now...Bergevin made the deal strictly for the last 20 games..the future is irrelevant.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
I hope your lack of pessimism ends up being warranted. I loved Sekac, but I want the Habs to win regardless.

That said, they sputtered near the end of the season last year, and had a decent playoff, so I am not in panic mode yet. I like our odds against most potential first round opponents

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
"I wanted to like DSP"

He's 22 years old... and has played what...20 games for the Habs? Admittedly out of shape. Yes..judge the trade now...Bergevin made the deal strictly for the last 20 games..the future is irrelevant.

Well it's hard to blame anyone disappointed in DSP who played who hasn't shown anything after 20 games. Even if he's out of shape, it's unacceptable that he's as bad as he is now. He came here as the "missing piece", the guy that this team needs, the guys that hits everything, crashes the net and scores tons of garbage goals, he hasn't shown any of that. Even his hits are useless and irrelevant. Doesn't create anything.

We expected at the time of the trade that MB brings immediate offensive help and we got a guy that score 1G in his last 50 games..

I wish I can be as optimist as you but from what I've seen from him so far with the Habs, I'm really no impress. You can be optimist but you can't blame those who are disappointed in him. He's been quite a failure so far.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
talk about limping into the playoffs. Their record since the trade deadline is lottery-esque.

im hoping it gets the guys worried and step up a gear we just have no regular scoring outside Pacioretty Plek and maybe Gallagher this year - Bergevin added nothing at deadline for scoring Petry has been great at least

DCarriere

Mar 15, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
This may have been one of the best games the Habs have played in a while. Sure we lose, but without those powerplay goals we dominated this game. Ovechkin is an unbelivable talent, but I honestly love how the Habs came out and determined the tempo and took it to them, and fought back. First game in a while where I saw a real push back when we lost the lead.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
This may have been one of the best games the Habs have played in a while. Sure we lose, but without those powerplay goals we dominated this game. Ovechkin is an unbelivable talent, but I honestly love how the Habs came out and determined the tempo and took it to them, and fought back. First game in a while where I saw a real push back when we lost the lead.

Absolutely, instead of *****ing about everyone and everything let's give credit to OV. He's unbelievable. Washington is also a pretty good team (probably 4th best in the East). We lost in the shootout... big ****ing deal.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
"I wanted to like DSP"

What reason is there to believe this trade will look any better a year from now?

Sekac was quite simply the better player.

Saintpatrick*

"I wanted to like DSP"

And in those games I think we've all seen what he is. A 4th liner with some potential but not the top 6 player i was hoping he'd be. I thought it was a bad deal when it was made and I still do and DSP hasn't done a damned thing to prove me wrong. Maybe he has another gear in the playoffs. I pray that he does because if not he's useless.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
If MB waited, he could have used Sekac as part of a bigger deal. Even in the off season. Who the heck is going to want DSP now. The guy is useless. Bring back Thomas and Bournival and get rid of DSP, Mitchell and Flynn. At least we were playing a lot better with those guys in the lineup.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Don't see how DD had a good game and no Galchenyuk was not playing center...well he was technically because DD was never near the puck and was once again behind the play on a consistent basis, it seems as it closer to PO time he beings to float more.

I really do not like MT and his staff. They do not make proactive changes. When your PP has sucked HORRIBLY for 2 years, it doesn't take a genius to make changes. What is wrong with playing a group of guys that are playing the best in that game. Really does not matter who the hell it is, unless this idiot of a coach segregates his players during practice and has PP for X players and PK for Y players and they should never swap.

He is a horrible horrible coach. A winning record is not indicative of a good coach or Don ****ing Shula would have found a job in the NFL in a heart beat.

Please people, watch the games as hockey fans 1st and after the completetion of the game put your Habs jersey on.

I have predicted the Habs don't make it out of the 1st round as they are still to soft, they do not finish their checks, are out shot on most nights (which wears your 3rd line and D our [3rd line because they are the only 3 that actually support the D], and goalie).

I know francophones want French speaking coaches etc. I have not an issue with that, but would you be upset with a Cup with a non-francophone because I can't think of one I'd hire myself to coach this team.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
And in those games I think we've all seen what he is. A 4th liner with some potential but not the top 6 player i was hoping he'd be. I thought it was a bad deal when it was made and I still do and DSP hasn't done a damned thing to prove me wrong. Maybe he has another gear in the playoffs. I pray that he does because if not he's useless.

His extra gear requires being in the top 6 and being surrounded by bona fide offensive studs. He is one of the most offensively inept forwards in the league when placed in the bottom six and has been for his entire career. You would see on hockey reference that alot of his points involve Getzlaf, Perry, Bobby Ryan, and Selanne.

And while he hits, he is soff because he'll never fight or defend a teammate.

The n00b King

Kingin' since 2003
Feb 10, 2008
Singapore
My wishlist:

1) DD moved to the third line and kept there
2) DD shooting more on net
3) Eller getting the ice time he deserves
4) Habs start obsessively watch Caps PP and copy them
5) Therrien Fired
6) Babcock hired (and magically speaking perfect french)

I thought this was a good game. But the inability to defend at 50% on the PK cost the habs this game. A rare time where the habs score 4 goals and actually lose the game.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
At this point, I don't even know what the central problem is. Seemed like we made great strides to come back, and tbh most of the team made a good effort to show up against the caps even after deflating goals. That makes it even more frustrating since we just end up shooting ourselves in the foot again and again.

Did not enjoy seeing how the Hart seems to be shifting towards Ovi after being totally convinced that it belongs to Carey. No chance on those goals, but I have a feeling he'll only get the Vezina. Really hope he goes lights out in the remaining games that he plays. Ovi is on fire though. Why can't he go back to being an offensive black hole?!

BTW, wtf was that pick on Subban on the first goal???? (I just finished watching on GCL) Textbook. And the ref was right there!

Liked Chucky tonight, and hey, whadya know? Give Eller a chance and he's a pretty good hockey player!

Move over DD (kind of), DSP's the new whipping boy, although I wonder if RDS has a limitation to **** on him, given he represents MB's splendid work as a GM.

PK's shot is starting to look playoff-version based on the last couple of games. At least we know that in the first Rd, we're going up against (is my guess) Holtby.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Did nobody else enjoy the game? Habs lost but it was a good match and potentially the beginnings of a great first round series.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
My wishlist:

1) DD moved to the third line and kept there
2) DD shooting more on net
3) Eller getting the ice time he deserves
4) Habs start obsessively watch Caps PP and copy them
5) Therrien Fired
6) Babcock hired (and magically speaking perfect french)

I thought this was a good game. But the inability to defend at 50% on the PK cost the habs this game. A rare time where the habs score 4 goals and actually lose the game.

Tbh, I can see the proletariat being ok with his current level of French, given his coaching pedigree.

That said, it will never happen and we will be stuck in this vortex because we are now becoming the leafs, i.e., an old boys club. It's sickening how much I see evidence of that with each increasing year despite our team actually being on the rise.

Let's say this was NJ (or rather Lou) -- there would be no *****footing. Therrien would get canned and we would be in search of the Cup. Sure, now they are struggling, but when they really want the Cup, that organization does the right things. We are just as much in striking distance as they were when they won their Cups. This team is way too mixed up in politics, and while I get the reasons why, it's disheartening to know that we've lost sight of what pride really means for such a great sports franchise. Not gars-de-chez-nous, but winning. As much as Bergevin has been 'aggressive', he's got nowhere near the size of balls required to win a Cup. He has to become the enemy to his most ardent fanclub for that to happen. He's done a great job so far, but that's not enough.

Nynja*

Lol @ the people saying Price should have those Ovie PP goals.

Every NHL fan who watches more than just their own team knows when the Caps have a PP and Ovie gets that onetimer from the top of the circle, 8 out of 10 times it goes in, those other 2 times is either missing or the goalie gets lucky. Everyone knows its inevitable, I'd actually take the 4v3 and just have one person literally shadow Ovie.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Entertaining game. Guys, these are the last games of the season, and although players will say that they can't leave the foot off the pedal, can't turn the switch on just for the playoffs, blablabla, the reality of it all is that when your team is in the top 4 of the conference, with no challenge whatsoever in regards to qualifying, it takes it with a tad less intensity and focus.

Last night was a sloppy game, but VERY entertaining. The fans got their money's worth: Ovi scoring and the team dominating pretty good outside of the PKs. Good show, but sloppy effort.

Nynja*

Finally got to see the recap, turns out neither of ovies PP goals were inevitable top of the circle onetimers lol

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Typical comment. Find a new team to cheer for.

I'm 100% behind this team.

(yes I'm mad)

we have something like 6 W in 15 games since the TDL... so the guy should cheer for another team cause... he's right ????

really...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad