Outsiders: Flames fans not in CGY

MikeyMayhem

Oct 9, 2014
Growing up in Red Deer I have always been a Flames fan and always will be, but life and stuff has caused me to migrate north to Edmonton so now I permanently reside inside enemy territory, Now dont get me wrong I have lots of fun being the bad guy and all but I also thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where Flames fans could meet each other and maybe get together for some games even if they don't live in Calgary.... and gooooooooooo

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Growing up in Red Deer I have always been a Flames fan and always will be, but life and stuff has caused me to migrate north to Edmonton so now I permanently reside inside enemy territory, Now dont get me wrong I have lots of fun being the bad guy and all but I also thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where Flames fans could meet each other and maybe get together for some games even if they don't live in Calgary.... and gooooooooooo

I just moved back to Calgary after living in enemy territory for 2 years. It's easy being a Flames fan in Northern Alberta when the Oilers suck as bad as they do. Just keep hoping we continue to have the upper hand on the Oilers and hold your head high in their barn. That Smid trade gave me lot's to chirp about while I was their too. With their management you've got nothing to worry about.:nod:

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Saskatchewan isn't so bad. I grew up in northern rural Sask where everyone was a big mix of fans of the Canadian teams. I live in Regina now and it's still relatively varied. I've definitely met more Jets/Nucks/Leafs fans though than there are back home.

MikeyMayhem

Oct 9, 2014
I just moved back to Calgary after living in enemy territory for 2 years. It's easy being a Flames fan in Northern Alberta when the Oilers suck as bad as they do. Just keep hoping we continue to have the upper hand on the Oilers and hold your head high in their barn. That Smid trade gave me lot's to chirp about while I was their too. With their management you've got nothing to worry about.:nod:
The Oilers managment is just brutal hahaha, this is less about living in Edmonton though and more about just rounding up some like minded guys to go out for beers/wings and watch some hockey.

MikeyMayhem

Oct 9, 2014
Saskatchewan isn't so bad. I grew up in northern rural Sask where everyone was a big mix of fans of the Canadian teams. I live in Regina now and it's still relatively varied. I've definitely met more Jets/Nucks/Leafs fans though than there are back home.

I found cause of Babcock that Saskatoon actually has a pretty solid redwings fanbase.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Quebec haha, habs and Bruins territory big time. Odd occasion you see some leaf fans.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
If tickets are as cheap as the legends say they are, this is probably a good candidate for a fly-in, watch the game, fly-out scenario.

Legend has it, you can fly down to the sunbelt, see your favourite team, fly back, and still pay less than the price of a ticket to a home game. :naughty: Maybe that's just for the Leafs fans.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If tickets are as cheap as the legends say they are, this is probably a good candidate for a fly-in, watch the game, fly-out scenario.

The tickets are pretty cheap, actually. I think it's a trip you should take. The first game @ the Coyotes is on Saturday, November 29th. The other is Thursday, January 15th. Plan accordingly :P.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Not anywhere near Edmonton, but I'm down in the states about a hundred miles north of Seattle so the only Flames games I get to go to are the ones in Vancouver - it blows to have to be around all those Canuck fans...

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Not anywhere near Edmonton, but I'm down in the states about a hundred miles north of Seattle so the only Flames games I get to go to are the ones in Vancouver - it blows to have to be around all those Canuck fans...

Pretty good chance Seattle can get a team over there. That'd be pretty exciting.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
There's a lot of Flames fans here in Victoria. There's always a few who sympathize with me in my class. There's a CPer on my rec-league team. :D

I will say, though, that being a Flames fan out of market would be a lot more fun if I lived in one of those non-hockey markets and could go see my team for pennies.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Good ol Ontario for me. I am 3-3.5 hours from Leafs Nation, 45 minute drive from the border with Quebec. Here it is just a mixture of Habs and Leafs fans, pretty much each team has a fan here mostly, they bigger minorities are the Bruins and Hawks. As for the smaller ones.. not too fans many to be noticed :laugh:

I think I have noticed 5 other Flames Fan so far. I watch Leafs/Habs game when ,sometimes the Penguins as well because my old man likes the Penguins. grew up a Lemeuix fan, if I can't watch Calgary. This season I have watched more Leafs/Habs than Flames though so far lol.

fallsviewafro*

London, ON. 2 hours from Toronto, 2 hours from Detroit, 3 hours from Buffalo. Most people around these are Leafs fans, but closer to Windsor and the border it's pretty much all Red Wings territory. No Flames fans that I know of, but you'll always see the odd hat/jersey here and there.

Generally, there is an extremely, extremely strong positive correlation between proximity to the GTA, people becoming more stupid/obnoxious/ignorant, and people being Leafs fans. I swear, for every 15 minutes you drive east on the 401 you see more and more TML garbage. God forbid any media cover literally anything other than the Leafs, too - it's the second week of October and there's already a full-page "SHOULD CARLYLE BE FIRED?" feature on the second sports page here. I don't even ****ing live in Toronto... ugh.

God, the GTA ****ing sucks. I've lived south of it my entire life and I really cannot think of any positives. I also refuse to give any money to MLSE, so the only Flames games I catch are in Detroit... used to be nice when Detroit was in the West but now I only get one shot a year to go see them.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I'm between Niagara Falls & Toronto. Don't mind going to Buffalo to see Flames games, but Toronto is so freaking expensive.
Went to the Nashville game tonight, not may Calgary fans here, I may have seen 5 Calgary jerseys if that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad