Out of Town V Again out our town playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The Philly broadcast likes to whine about every call.
Too much homer for me.

Give me neutral broadcast crew on a playoff national broadcast.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That Panthers power play was the worst that I've seen all playoffs long this year.

Don Rickles made sure to have a ''Very intense organized long morning skate lot of pp work'' as per Harvey Fialkov this morning.

And a nice ride out to Barnabas Health Hockey House for a nice practice yesterday and lots of PP work. How the hell did the 2012 Panthers take us to 7 games, yet this much better team struggles to score against Thomas Greiss? And almost blows as many leads to the Islanders as we did to them in 2012?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You also had to know, the Caps being the Caps, that they would sleep walk through at least one game. Hopefully it's not 4 in a row.

Let's pump the brakes here.

The Flyers with a reverse sweep here? I'm surprised there's people implying that there's a decent chance this will happen.

If the Caps were up 3-0 on the Rangers, I'd absolutely think it's more warranted to worry about. But it's the piece of **** Flyers.

If you ask me, the Capitals have already sleepwalked for a lot of this series, and it's still 3 games to 0.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

The Flyers with a reverse sweep here? I'm surprised there's people implying that there's a decent chance this will happen.

If the Caps were up 3-0 on the Rangers, I'd absolutely think it's more warranted to worry about. But it's the piece of **** Flyers.

If you ask me, the Capitals have already sleepwalked for a lot of this series, and it's still 3 games to 0.

I don't disagree. The Caps have looked like crap pretty much the entire series. And yes, the flyers aren't good at all. But there is just no reason to give them any life. They need a killer instinct to win the Cup. They can't play like this against a competent team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thomas Drance ‏@ThomasDrance 14m14 minutes ago
Unless a Panthers D is playing through a lot of pain, what's the point of scratching a 12th forward for this:

Kindl supposedly hasn't played a second all night.:laugh:

#Gallantisanovice

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't disagree. The Caps have looked like crap pretty much the entire series. And yes, the flyers aren't good at all. But there is just no reason to give them any life. They need a killer instinct to win the Cup. They can't play like this against a competent team.

If it wasn't such a terrible team like the Flyers, I'd think there was a legitimate chance.

Even if it was only 2 games to 0 and they were playing the Flyers, I'd be a little worried. But I think the goalie change has given the Flyers a spark, and they score more than one goal tonight. And the Flyers were most likely to get swept, but I don't think it's possible now for any of the other teams to be swept this series, if the Flyers win tonight. No one else is up 3 games to 0 or has been up 3 games to 0 in any of the other series.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This Panthers/Islanders game is due for either a Luongo softy or some fluke bounce goal off the backboards for the Islanders.

Or it could be a Panthers goal or two, followed by the Islanders quickly tying it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Thomas Drance ‏@ThomasDrance 14m14 minutes ago
Unless a Panthers D is playing through a lot of pain, what's the point of scratching a 12th forward for this:

Kindl supposedly hasn't played a second all night.:laugh:

#Gallantisanovice

I remember Tort pulling that with Ruslan Fedotenko too at one point during our '07 series with them, dressing him and not playing him at all.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

It's only cause it's the Caps, and people are paranoid cause it's the Flyers are on the other end. But wake me if the Caps blow Game 5, then I'll get worried.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Should be a good goal for Huberdeau on the breakaway, he hurt himself in the process though.

This is a screwjob if that goal doesn't count.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Should be a good goal for Huberdeau on the breakaway, he hurt himself in the process though.

This is a screwjob if that goal doesn't count.

I highly doubt they count this. Goalie interference.

As I thought. No goal and now no Huberdeau. Isles got this now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I remember Tort pulling that with Ruslan Fedotenko too at one point during our '07 series with them, dressing him and not playing him at all.

That was game 5 I think, wasn't it?

It was one of the questions for Torts, leading up to the ''Get the **** outta here'' to Larry Brooks.

And who can forget that one bum that he dressed for the Rangers and parked at the end of the bench? Was it Stu Bickel?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I highly doubt they count this. Goalie interference.

I thought maybe it should count, but I understand why it was waived off.

Panthers have been the most disappointing team in the playoffs this year. I expected WAY more.

They look like they'd be lucky to look like the 12 team did against us in the first round.

They probably could have beaten Detroit if Tampa won the division, but maybe not. Detroit probably wishes they drew them right about now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As I thought. No goal and now no Huberdeau. Isles got this now.

They didn't even look good with him. They can never score and when they do, they blow leads like our last month under DeBoer last season.

I ****ing hate the Islanders. Will root for Pittsburgh over them, but not the Rangers.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That was game 5 I think, wasn't it?

It was one of the questions for Torts, leading up to the ''Get the **** outta here'' to Larry Brooks.

And who can forget that one bum that he dressed for the Rangers and parked at the end of the bench? Was it Stu Bickel?

lol that's why I remember it, cause of the Torts YouTube meltdown

He had Bickel play some nickel and dime games too, don't know if there was ever a 0:00 involved though.

They didn't even look good with him. They can never score and when they do, they blow leads like our last month under DeBoer last season.

I ****ing hate the Islanders. Will root for Pittsburgh over them, but not the Rangers.

Hopefully Tampa takes 'em out if it comes to it, remember the Isles are in the other bracket.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Luongo goes down quicker than a ...........

Hasn't been good enough this series.

Averaging a bad goal once per game.

He doesn't give up one every game, he'll just give up two bad ones to make up for it in the next game.

Greiss is a scrub, Luongo shouldn't be getting outplayed by him. I've said since 2006 that Greiss might not even good enough to be Team Germany's starting goaltender, and Team Germany don't have much to choose from as far as NHL goaltenders go these days.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Hasn't been good enough this series.

Averaging a bad goal once per game.

He doesn't give up one every game, he'll just give up two bad ones to make up for it in the next game.

Greiss is a scrub, Luongo shouldn't be getting outplayed by him. I've said since 2006 that Greiss might not even good enough to be Team Germany's starting goaltender, and Team Germany don't have much to choose from as far as NHL goaltenders go these days.

Hasn't Greiss made the most saves so far these playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad