Injury Report: Out of Town Thread Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm a fan of the guy but even I have to admit he was never a great skater to begin with. He always spends a ton of energy to get anywhere.
Hes a great skater, just slow. When hes confined to small space, hes as good as anybody, but on a longer stretch his lack of speed becomes a factor.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Anyone see that Islanders goal against the Capitals that went off 3 players?

That's how Montreal expects to score when they don't send anyone to the net.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He was a great skater, actually. If you don't think he was fast, you had to admit that he had great edgework, which should factor into the equation.
Hes a great skater, just slow. When hes confined to small space, hes as good as anybody, but on a longer stretch his lack of speed becomes a factor.
Let's agree on ''good skater but not necessarily great speed'' then . I think it's a fair assessment.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Let's agree on ''good skater but not necessarily great speed'' then . I think it's a fair assessment.

He's never looked great after bulking up skating wise. He was definitely much quicker off the hop. I'm not even sure that extra strength helped him defensively? I always found him hard to play against as he was.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Just watched the Maple Leaf highlights, man can they throw that puck around. Fun to watch, them and TB.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I have no idea who their target audiences are.

In other news Lars Eller that useless plug has 3 points. :sarcasm:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Marc-André Fleury does not have the recognition he deserves. He's a heck of a goalie.
Aging like fine wine. I pick him as one of my 2 goalies every year in the pool. Lead the league in shut outs last season. 5 minutes away from another one last night.

Had the Con Smythe in his pocket after 3 rounds in 018.

The guy is clutch and has been the best goalie in the league since going to Vegas.

Been a top 5 goalie most every season of his career. Play off melt downs in 011 and 012 haunted his rep for awhile.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Aging like fine wine. I pick him as one of my 2 goalies every year in the pool. Lead the league in shut outs last season. 5 minutes away from another one last night.

Had the Con Smythe in his pocket after 3 rounds in 018.

The guy is clutch and has been the best goalie in the league since going to Vegas.

Been a top 5 goalie most every season of his career. Play off melt downs in 011 and 012 haunted his rep for awhile.

People just watch him and don't find him as sound as Price. Sure. So be it. But he does the job. Did it regularly. Did not have the best Save % ever.....but when call upon, he usually just does the job. I like his energy. And willingness to battle.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
People just watch him and don't find him as sound as Price. Sure. So be it. But he does the job. Did it regularly. Did not have the best Save % ever.....but when call upon, he usually just does the job. I like his energy. And willingness to battle.
The Capitals fans would disagree with that.

They believe they would have a couple more cups if not for Fluery. ....and Sid.;)

To win play off series give me Price or Fluery Im just as happy with either guy.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Per an instagram post from Robert Kraft's granddaughter, speculation on Sens board that he has provided the Sens fans with the happy ending of new ownership...

Edit - don't bank on it but I needed to get that joke in again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad