Out of Town Thread Part XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Benning like Dorion’s strength is amateur scouting, both are mediocre at pro player procurement

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Benning like Dorion’s strength is amateur scouting, both are mediocre at pro player procurement

He overvalues the bottom 6 grinders, but yeah, they got a pretty good young nucleus and its about time.

JT Miller is paying early dividends, even though it cost a first rounder. Benn should be a solid depth guy for them. Ferland has been the guy most criticized out of the summer acquisitions, but a good summer for benning so far.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
New Jersey should just bench PK, he's horrible.
They should bench everyone except Palmieri. Their coach should be fired too. Ten games in and you scratch your newly acquired Russian ''star''?? Like, what's the point of signing Gusev if you won't be patient with him for more than 10 games?..Outside of him though, it's chaos when they play.
And their goalies...holy hell. Can't recall a tandem being this bad.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
New Jersey should just bench PK, he's horrible.
For what it's worth, his relative numbers are extremely good.

Now, that could be more of an indication of his teammates being really bad but even if that is the case, he's still playing head and shoulders above those on his team. So if he's horrible, then his team is putrid.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
3 points tonight for Quinn Hughes, that's 10 in 12 for the year. I was saying it during the draft year and I'll say it again, Habs should've drafted him at 3. He's a special talent and exactly what this team needs.

Reactions: montreal

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
3 points tonight for Quinn Hughes, that's 10 in 12 for the year. I was saying it during the draft year and I'll say it again, Habs should've drafted him at 3. He's a special talent and exactly what this team needs.
It's really tough to argue how KK would look bad playing 17~18min per night with better wingers. I have no idea what management is doing with him. How can they possibly think whatever they're doing is “good” for the kid.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Montreal had better playoff success because Bergevin came in when the Atlantic was the weakest division in hockey. The Habs could cakewalk to division championships. The 2013, 2014, and 2015 Habs had a pretty much open path to the finals, which Bergevin squandered on Desharnais.

Toronto faces much stronger adversaries in Boston, Tampa Bay, and now Buffalo.
True. Well actually Toronto faces one adversary ....Boston.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It's really tough to argue how KK would look bad playing 17~18min per night with better wingers. I have no idea what management is doing with him. How can they possibly think whatever they're doing is “good” for the kid.
Started last year when they kept him with the team as an 18 old. Like he was some phenom.

Reactions: Tighthead

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
For what it's worth, his relative numbers are extremely good.

Now, that could be more of an indication of his teammates being really bad but even if that is the case, he's still playing head and shoulders above those on his team. So if he's horrible, then his team is putrid.
Careful. You might actually come close to a critical word on the SubbANATOR. :nod:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Well our best center Domi is playing less than 17:00 a night so I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well our best center Domi is playing less than 17:00 a night so I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon.
Which is just as troubling. Danault getting more ice than our top scorer is mindboggling...I mean, hes not Patrice Bergeron, Julien needs to figure that out.

Reactions: habsfan891

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Which is just as troubling. Danault getting more ice than our top scorer is mindboggling...I mean, hes not Patrice Bergeron, Julien needs to figure that out.
All 4 of our centers actually play very similar minutes at ES.

Domi - 13:55
Danault 13:38
Kotkaniemi - 11:42
Thompson - 11:19
Weal - 11:11

The difference in total ice time is from special teams. Danault/Thompson are the only centers who see any PK time, and of course Domi sees the most PP time (2:52) followed by Danault at 1:26 and Kotkaniemi at 1:19. Kotkaniemi will pass Danault as the season progresses.

So Kotkaniemi isn't being treated as unfairly as it seems, rather Claude is rolling 4 lines pretty consistently.

Anyhoo, not out of town talk.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Just finished watching the Devils-TB highlights. Goaltending duel there for the ages.

That said, 4 of the 6 goals scored in regulation against Schneider would have beat Carey Price. Devils need to tighten up defensively and help their goalies out. But there were 2 real boners that Schneider let in and the OT goal wasn't great either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad