Out of Town Thread Part XV: Game 7s edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Only 1 series went like I planned in our work pool. I called NYI to sweep Pittsburgh and my co-workers thought I was nuts.

I did call Columbus over Tampa, but in seven. Every other series isn’t going as planned.

Better than me, didnt pick any of the winner so far, i still have Caps (hope they lose anyway), Bruins, Sharks and Nashville

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Look at how teams finished the season, you'll have some answers as far as bad and good teams in the playoffs.

Looking at how the Habs finished, they still would have likely lost to any team not named Boston.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Boston Bruins v. Toronto Maple Leafs
Washington Capitals v. Carolina Hurricanes
Tampa Bay Lightning v. Columbus Blue Jackets
New York Islanders v. Pittsburgh Penguins

Winnipeg Jets v. St. Louis Blues
Calgary Flames v. Colorado Avalanche
Nashville Predators v. Dallas Stars
San Jose Sharks
v. Vegas Golden Knights

Don't hate

Should have bet on it... god dang.

Basically Pittsburgh and Winnipeg let me down here.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Better than me, didnt pick any of the winner so far, i still have Caps (hope they lose anyway), Bruins, Sharks and Nashville

I picked Leafs (in 7), Vegas (in 6, so I lost that one) Caps (in 6, so oh well) and Preds (in 5). I had picked the Jets and Flames, but so much for that.

Isles won like I predicted. Columbus won also, but not in the number of games I predicted.

On the plus side, nobody in our pool hit 100% either so round two will have some mad money in it.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Come on Groove... he got done like a total pylon.

Seriously? Watch the play again. Forsberg fanned on a pass. The only play PK could make was the pokecheck he attempted. Sure, he could have turned but the Dallas player was already at speed. Had he done so, the usual suspects would have raked him over the coals for that as well.

Had he turned and skated, he would have been shredded for not holding his ground. It was a Kobiyashi Maru. :laugh:

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That's what I wanted to do last summer. Give him a 1-way contract at around 1 million (so it doesn't count against the cap), but cut him in camp and let him earn a million dollars playing in Laval for a development year. Give him one full year under Bouchard to become a 200 foot player.

I wanted to do the same with Duclair. Duclair got 650k on the open market, I would have signed him to a 2 year deal for 1.5 million AAV. Again the first year he plays in Laval, working on his 200 foot game so he's not a liability - forget the points. The 2nd year he plays in Montreal. The inflated salary is to ensure no one plucks him off waivers when he's sent to Laval during camp. Fast forward to this year and he scored 19 goals, including 8 goals and 14 points in 21 games when getting good ice time in Ottawa. The concern with him isn't his offense but his 200 foot game. He can be taught.

But those ships have sailed.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
If Subban continue to focus his off ice training on strenght this summer we won that deal. He looks awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad