Out of Town Thread Part XV: Game 7s edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Wow, did that OT goal on Fleury suck, or what?

Hertl was absolutely gassed from the pk. He could barely skate. What an ugly goal.

Jones seems to have found his own game too.

Game 7 in San Jose.

Leafs blow Game 6 in Toronto. Now, they travel to Boston for Game 7.

Both are Tuesday night.

Last thread was over 1,000, so continue discussion here.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Wow, did that OT goal on Fleury suck, or what?

Hertl was absolutely gassed from the pk. He could barely skate. What an ugly goal.

Jones seems to have found his own game too.

Game 7 in San Jose.

Leafs blow Game 6 in Toronto. Now, they travel to Boston for Game 7.

Both are Tuesday night.

Last thread was over 1,000, so continue discussion here.

I was rooting for the Jets, the Flames, Vegas and Nashville. My teams really aren't doing well.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
TBL vs CBJ - CBJ wins 4-0
BOS vs TOR - Series tied 3-3

NYI vs PIT - NYI wins 4-0
CAR vs WSH - WSH leads 3-2

STL vs WPG - STL wins 4-2
DAL vs NSH - DAL leads 3-2

COL vs CGY - COL wins 4-1
VGK vs SJS - Series tied 3-3

Washington and Dallas can end it tomorrow. The game sevens in Boston and San Jose will decide those series on Tuesday.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I was rooting for the Jets, the Flames, Vegas and Nashville. My teams really aren't doing well.

My teams are: Washington, NYI, Columbus, Dallas and Winnipeg.

I hate both Boston and Toronto so I don't care who wins, but I picked Bruins in 6. Still think Toronto can win in 7.

I like both Calgary and Colorado. I picked Calgary to win in 7, but I'm glad Colorado won.

Vegas - SJ I'm very blasè about and didn't even bother to pick a winner. But on the mainboard I eventually picked Vegas in 6. I'm glad San Jose forced a game 7 though.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
My teams are: Washington, NYI, Columbus, Dallas and Winnipeg.

I hate both Boston and Toronto so I don't care who wins, but I picked Bruins in 6. Still think Toronto can win in 7.

I like both Calgary and Colorado. I picked Calgary to win in 7, but I'm glad Colorado won.

Vegas - SJ I'm very blasè about and didn't even bother to pick a winner. But on the mainboard I eventually picked Vegas in 6. I'm glad San Jose forced a game 7 though.

Ultimately right now I want the teams with potential UFA's to do bad, so the UFA's don't feel as attached to staying.

So, I want the following teams out:
SJ (Erik Karlsson, Nyqvist)
NYI (Lee, Brock)
Columbus (Duchene, Panarin, Dzingle)
Win (Hayes)
Toronto (Gardiner)
Boston (johansson)
Carolina (Ferland)
Nashville (Subban?)

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I like Vegas and Colorado alot. In the East though, tough to root for anyone. Columbus would be my team if they didn't beat us out for a playoff spot plus the fact we own their 2nd rounder... wouldn't feel right rooting for them...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see Fucale make the NHL at 29-30 years old. It's absolutely stupid to draft goalies near the top of the draft. Price is basically the only example of it working in NHL history. Luongo too I guess.

Rask, Vas and Varlamov are the only other first round goalies in the league.

Price, Rask, Kolzig and Brodeur are the only first round goalie vezina winners in the last 30 years.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see Fucale make the NHL at 29-30 years old. It's absolutely stupid to draft goalies near the top of the draft. Price is basically the only example of it working in NHL history. Luongo too I guess.

Price, Rask, Kolzig and Brodeur are the only first round goalie vezina winners in the last 30 years.

Fleury worked. Fleury should be and likely will be the last goalie drafted 1st overall.

Kari Lehtonen kind of, slightly worked for a few seasons... like 2.

Unless you have an extra late first, or early 2nd there's no use to draft a goalie. On the flip side, it's hard to get a high end one if you don't draft them.

Also, if the goalie is like Chris Osgood, don't draft them as a goalie that's just "good enough" in the lower levels likely won't help your team.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
If Boston and San Jose win their games 7s, I'll be a very happy man. f*** TO, and f*** desert hockey.

Also, Dallas ends Nashville tonight. Would that be the window closing for NAS and the beginning of the dismantling of that core?

The team I'll root for the rest of these playoffs? The New York Islanders, those fans have suffered long enough Alternatively, the Blues for the same reason.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
What if the Islanders were to eliminate the Tavares-led Leafs in a later round?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I quit watching after the 1st OT. Just saw the replay. Man MAF at his worst right there. I still think Vegas will win, but Jones is impermeable. It's gonna take more than one goal.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I think he has to go to Europe if he wants to do that. He's not going to make it from the ECHL. Go to KHL.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Found this video from 2017-18 of Mackinnon setting up Yakupov for a nice goal. Imagine you took a time machine and went back to 2013 to show Avs fans. They would think that they had the best young duo in the league. What could've been...

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Found this video from 2017-18 of Mackinnon setting up Yakupov for a nice goal. Imagine you took a time machine and went back to 2013 to show Avs fans. They would think that they had the best young duo in the league. What could've been...

bring Yakupov to Habs camp....nothing to lose

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
bring Yakupov to Habs camp....nothing to lose

That's what I wanted to do last summer. Give him a 1-way contract at around 1 million (so it doesn't count against the cap), but cut him in camp and let him earn a million dollars playing in Laval for a development year. Give him one full year under Bouchard to become a 200 foot player.

I wanted to do the same with Duclair. Duclair got 650k on the open market, I would have signed him to a 2 year deal for 1.5 million AAV. Again the first year he plays in Laval, working on his 200 foot game so he's not a liability - forget the points. The 2nd year he plays in Montreal. The inflated salary is to ensure no one plucks him off waivers when he's sent to Laval during camp. Fast forward to this year and he scored 19 goals, including 8 goals and 14 points in 21 games when getting good ice time in Ottawa. The concern with him isn't his offense but his 200 foot game. He can be taught.

But those ships have sailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad