Out of Town Thread Part XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Personnally, I will always be about a true rebuild. And benefitting from young and cheap talent with the help of some vets than that kind of Skinner rebuild. But...since we don't do that.....well maybe. Yet, I would invest more on Karlsson. Would most DEFINATELY invest on Marner even if it's to ship 4 1st rounders. If the idea is to be better and to finish top 5 in the league, I don't care about pick 25 to 30 for 4 years. Keep the 2nd rounders. Geez, add some 2nd rounders along the way, and chances are your 2nd rounders will be just as good as your late 1st rounder.
It does sound well. But if Price goes down to injury those picks could turn out to be lottery picks real quick.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Lavoie says Karlsson at 10 million Habs will say listen we're looking for a left D..you're not..(sorry)

..BUT then he goes on to say if Karlsson is willing to take 6 million a year in Montreal, Habs would be happy...lmao..

So in other words, Karlsson a superstar who is asking too much money for Habs liking...

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP ..COM

SAVE8MILLION CAPSPACE .COM

Brandon Pirri 3 year /6 million or 4 yr /7.5 million ....ready?

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Lavoie says Karlsson at 10 million Habs will say listen we're looking for a left D..you're not..(sorry)

..BUT then he goes on to say if Karlsson is willing to take 6 million a year in Montreal, Habs would be happy...lmao..

So in other words, Karlsson a superstar who is asking too much money for Habs liking...

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP ..COM

SAVE8MILLION CAPSPACE .COM

Brandon Pirri 3 year /6 million or 4 yr /7.5 million ....ready?
The fact that it is being put out there already is an indication that the habs want it out there. It should be a no brainer but Bergevin is not going to do it. He was asked about spending to the cap in the year-end presser and said that he had the authority to do so but that sometimes players wives do not want to come to Montreal. Karlsson expresses interest because of his wife and the new excuse is because he plays the wrong side! We are keeping the cap space.

Reactions: Habaneros

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Not surprising. Buffalo would have to overpay to keep him in a team that his been going nowhere for a long time.

But this deal will affect the market. And, it's an indication of the market - there will always be 1 team willing to pay big money to get a player without giving up picks and/or other players.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
So 9 million to Jeff Skinner

that means 7-8 million to Brendan Gallagher....

As i said the other day, some popular guy's are going to be leaving Montreal ....

Domi gets 8 million ,say good bye to BGally...sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad