The Seattle Kraken

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
It's very rare a team fires a GM mid-season.

They're very patient with their 1st OV picks as far as results are concerned, aren't they?? :laugh:

Drafting Hischier and Hughes would have gotten Bergevin a lifetime extension. Work here as long as feel like it, Marc.

Buffalo winning their game in Detroit it seems... a clear leg up on MTL by tomorrow morning.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's very rare, that a team keeps a GM 8 years, who has had ZERO results too..........I can see where the Devils are coming from they did not want Shero making decisions for them, as the trade deadline approached.
The Habs, well the standards are alot different, so................................

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Agree. It takes a long time to get to know an entire organization, especially all the players. If they had brought someone from the outside to take over now, how well will the individual know the players they are trading at the deadline? With Tom Fitzgerald taking over, at least he knows the roster. Interesting to see if Martin Brodeur's name is considered when they name a full time replacement.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It's very rare, that a team keeps a GM 8 years, who has had ZERO results too..........I can see where the Devils are coming from they did not want Shero making decisions for them, as the trade deadline approached.
The Habs, well the standards are alot different, so................................

B-b-b-but the GM added some good prospect for the future…..

Reactions: habsfan891

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
B-b-b-but the GM added some good prospect for the future…..
But not two 1st overalls and a trade that sent young players and picks for a declining 9m$ defensemen.

and guess what, they well on their way for ANOTHER 1st overall pick.....Shero deserves to get fired.....

Reactions: Habaneros

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Andersen yanked again and the Leafs getting blown out.

Florida will move within one point of Toronto with a game in hand.

I didn't realize how close the Leafs were to the playoff bubble. Damn...

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Leafs getting their asses handed to them in Florida. Andersen pulled and now 5-0 Florida early 2nd.

If they hold on it puts Montreal 8 points out and they have a game in hand.

Buffalo also won, putting them a couple points up.

Going to be a long few months scoreboard watching hoping for results to break the Habs way in the draft lottery for this poster.

Reactions: Rozz

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Andersen yanked again and the Leafs getting blown out.

Florida will move within one point of Toronto with a game in hand.

I didn't realize how close the Leafs were to the playoff bubble. Damn...

I was just gonna post that I wouldn't count the Leafs out with their potent offense and Florida scores again to make it 6-1. Rielly and Barrie are just clueless and complete disasters defensively.

Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I was just gonna post that I wouldn't count the Leafs out with their potent offense and Florida scores again to make it 6-1. Rielly and Barrie are just clueless and complete disasters defensively.

I hadn't been paying attention to that part of the standings with the Habs doing so poorly.

I assumed the Leafs were comfortably in but they are only a couple points clear of being out. Them finishing on the bubble would be hilarious.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I hadn't been paying attention to that part of the standings with the Habs doing so poorly.

I assumed the Leafs were comfortably in but they are only a couple points clear of being out. Them finishing on the bubble would be hilarious.
They finished on the bubble last season by making the playoffs just 2 pts above the final playoff seed cutoff.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Yeah even though the Leafs got hot after Keefe came in Tampa also went on and are still on a tear and Florida played well enough to hang around and stay close. The Leafs will have some work to do in the second half to secure their playoff spot and can't afford to take many games off especially against teams chasing them like Florida

This game @ 7-3 isn't over yet with that Leafs offense but they can't seem to get a key save from their goalie tonight.

I think that Leafs defense is just as bad as the Habs defense. Odd man rush after odd man rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad