HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Bedard going to be one of all time greats ever. He's on pace for 56 goals as 18 year old. Bedard Up there with Gretzky, Rocket, etc... Habs biggest mistake ever was patching it up just enough to miss out on him. Why I was such an advocate on trading Anderson, Savard, Allen a year ago. Acquiring extra three first besides. Plus free up 13 million in caproom
We still wouldn’t have been the worst team in the league. And the worst team in the league didn’t even get him.

• Haha
Reactions: Andy

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
See Colorado and LA. I wish this kind of straw man arguments would stop being posted. I can show you what a decade of being a bubble team gets you. See the Canadiens. I can do straw man arguments too.

Good management win and bad management lose. Good management wont lose assets for nothing when they don't win which usually result in drafting high. You can call that tanking or you can even call that whatever you want dunno let's call this sinking or exploding or whatever you want really it doesn't matter a bit,

LA

2003 draft 13rd overall
2004 : 11th
2005 : 11th
2006 : 11th, 17th
2007 : 4th
2008 : 2nd
2009 : 5th

Col

2009 draft 3rd overall
2010 : 17th
2011 : 2nd
2012 : traded their first
2013 : 1st overall
2014 : 23rd
2015 : 10th
2016 : 10th
2017 : 4th

Now i know someone will come here and say both LA and Colorado did not try to tank because they were trying to win and bla bla bla bla bla bla and in the case of Colorado it's true that they tried to win between Duchesne, ROR and McKinon but Duchene still helped them to get a 4th overall pick which helped the current core. And anyway the reasons why you suck don't matter at all if you suck you suck that's all. End result is the same you get high picks and you suck.

The reasons why you suck absolutely matter and you picking LA and Colorado (and you can also add Tampa Bay) makes a massive difference. The last team that got their best players by actively trying to lose (for a variety of reason, money big a big one) is Pittsburgh/Washington and those models aren't replicable.

Look at LA after their cup wins. They went through a couple of lean years and are now looking pretty damn good. They didn't go out and sell Kopitar and Doughty and everyone else with a pulse to try and finish last. Instead, they'd go for smart buys like Fiala and Danault that have been a major boost for them.

And dumbass scorched earth teams like Ottawa and Buffalo still can't seem to gain any sort of real momentum. The Oilers got McDrai and the best they've gotten out of it is getting blasted in the WCF.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
I can’t believe that the Stars are that good and still have Stankoven and Bourque in the AHL.
I was surprised Scott White, assistant GM in Dallas and Quebec native, was not talked about at all before Hughes was hired.

Reactions: le_sean

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The reasons why you suck absolutely matter and you picking LA and Colorado (and you can also add Tampa Bay) makes a massive difference. The last team that got their best players by actively trying to lose (for a variety of reason, money big a big one) is Pittsburgh/Washington and those models aren't replicable.

Look at LA after their cup wins. They went through a couple of lean years and are now looking pretty damn good. They didn't go out and sell Kopitar and Doughty and everyone else with a pulse to try and finish last. Instead, they'd go for smart buys like Fiala and Danault that have been a major boost for them.

And dumbass scorched earth teams like Ottawa and Buffalo still can't seem to gain any sort of real momentum. The Oilers got McDrai and the best they've gotten out of it is getting blasted in the WCF.
LA is a decent team but they won't win anything with that roster.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Must be nice to have competent scouts.
Must be nice to be the Habs and to have the 3rd highest revenue generating operation in the league and not use that financial wherewithal to poach the best scouts.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
New coach continuing to tighten the screws on Huberdeau, playing him on the 3rd line:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad