Out of Town Thread LXXXI: Playoffs Underway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Of all the ballots revealed so far (27) it is Keith, Chara & Weber as the finalists but then again isn't there like 180 voters? So who knows but so far the pattern has been correct so you're right, doesn't look like Hedman will be in the vicinity.

Also, Adrian Dater, Steve Simmons, Bruce Garrioch, & Damien Cox have votes. How relevant should these awards really be taken?

lol Yeah, I don't know how many of those 4 actually watch hockey. I can see Keith & Chara getting noms. Weber because he played on a non-playoff team and was actually a minus this year is a tough call. We'll see who the 3rd is.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Benning as GM. Trotz or Laviolette as a coach. That would be my guess and hope for them if I'd care....

StanAjax

Jul 30, 2003
Nantes
Visit site
Blues are having a groundhog day PO.:amazed:

Price kinds of hope his PO opponents will be a groundhog day of the Olympics (with a couple reversals in the games order).

Gudlevskis in the 1st round (even if it was for a couple periods only).
Rask in the 2nd round.
Lundqvist in the 3rd round.
Quick in the SC finals.

Apart from Quick and a 1993 rematch in the finals, that looks like the most realistic path the Habs would have to face, too.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
McPhee and Oates are OUT in Washington. About freakin time McPhee goes. I would have fired him the day he made that Erat for Forsberg deal....

https://twitter.com/VogsCaps/status/460062790607454208

The trade was pretty much the Gomez trade next generation.

Poile stole Forsberg and Jarnkrok in back to back deadlines and suddenly their forward youth doesn't seem that bad especially if you consider their top pick this draft.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Price kinds of hope his PO opponents will be a groundhog day of the Olympics (with a couple reversals in the games order).

Gudlevskis in the 1st round (even if it was for a couple periods only).
Rask in the 2nd round.
Lundqvist in the 3rd round.
Quick in the SC finals.

Apart from Quick and a 1993 rematch in the finals, that looks like the most realistic path the Habs would have to face, too.

Lol, if the Sharks actually do choke to the Kings this round....can't teach an old dog new tricks.

StanAjax

Jul 30, 2003
Nantes
Visit site
Oshie scores a better goal than Granlund, but no hype because it's Oshie.

Huh, seriously ?

You might want to watch the Granlund goal again and what he did before actually diving to shoot in the goal. He even caught the cameraman off guard with his fake pass to the point before making Hejda a fool. Then, add how clutch that goal was (OT goal in a 0-0 tie while his team was down 2 games to nil).

Another useless stat from last night :

In the 11th OT of the playoffs, Hawks became only the 2nd team to win after giving up the last regulation goal. The 1st team did it in the 1st OT of the playoffs, and I'm sure I don't have to remind you which team showed that character (© MB). :sarcasm:

In 8 other OT, the team that came back late used the momentum shift to win the game. The last one is the susmentioned Granlund goal in a regulation shutout.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
For Wings-Bruins this afternoon:

-Xavier Ouellet (20 year old D) replaces Kindl
-Daniel Alfredsson replaces Bertuzzi

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
Boston-Wings starting. Am I the only one that want this game to go full Charlestown Chiefs, with the Wings winning? :laugh:

After that it's PIT-CBJ. Man am I rooting for them Jackets. Funnily, I was thinking that the way the Jackets are built is pretty much exactly what the Leafs should have been going for.

Another good day of hockey coming up.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Boston-Wings starting. Am I the only one that want this game to go full Charlestown Chiefs, with the Wings winning? :laugh:

After that it's PIT-CBJ. Man am I rooting for them Jackets. Funnily, I was thinking that the way the Jackets are built is pretty much exactly what the Leafs should have been going for.

Another good day of hockey coming up.

We really struggled against the jackets. They seemed to give us troubles. I think we match up better against Pittsburgh. I'd not be worried at all facing them.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
****ing Detroit. Can't even make it hard for the Bruins.

Detroit is no match for Boston. They're are very strong this year and look better than their cup winning team to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad