Not open for further replies.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I HATE the Vegas twitter admin (only 2nd to Carolina) but this is pretty good
1686839918249.png

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
What do I tell all my non Bruins friends who are now busting balls over Cassidy?
Nothing. You can talk about shelf life, etc, etc, etc

But nothing is going to change the fact that the Bruins fired Cassidy who them immediately won a Stanley Cup with his new team. Probably not even a full calendar year between the two events.

Just smile, accept, and weather the storm...

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I see we absolutely memory holed the Bruce Cassidy-Jake DeBrusk situation.
Nope

1) What exactly did Jake say that qualified as “mouthing off like a teenager”?

2) You claimed there was a “bunch”. Who exactly comprises this bunch of players who were supposedly mouthing off like teenagers

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The TV numbers for the 5 games are brutal.

View attachment 718138

That's the price to be paid with having expansion teams and putting franchises in non-hockey places like Florida. Every now and then the ratings will suck. Not ideal but the league and ESPN won't care much. More teams and more markets equals more games and more advertising revenue. They still win out in the end.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That's the price to be paid with having expansion teams and putting franchises in non-hockey places like Florida. Every now and then the ratings will suck. Not ideal but the league and ESPN won't care much. More teams and more markets equals more games and more advertising revenue. They still win out in the end.

I wonder if the collective ratings across all markets is still more lucrative than it was back in the original six days? Seems like it would be. Even in the 18-21 team leagues of the 70s when the only real non-traditional markets were LA and Atlanta (maybe the Rockies?).

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Nope

1) What exactly did Jake say that qualified as “mouthing off like a teenager”?

2) You claimed there was a “bunch”. Who exactly comprises this bunch of players who were supposedly mouthing off like teenagers

I dunno, does having his borderline NHL level player of a father Louis DeBrusk carry your water and crying for trade not ring any bells? Also, I'd imagine some of the veterans that had become complacent like Tuukka and the like may also be in that category.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I've been there. Also saw a Jets game there. The arena is fantastic, the fans are great and the people are really nice. Lots of bugs in the summer time, though.

As for the city itself. It reminds me of a smaller version of the Twin Cities. For whatever that's worth...

And where would you rank it among the 32 NHL destinations for a professional athlete to play for and live in??

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
And where would you rank it among the 32 NHL destinations for a professional athlete to play for and live in??
Man, that's totally subjective. Like I said before, the venue is great and the fans are too. As for living in Winnipeg? My personal opinion is that its probably bottom quartile. But that's just me.

You can use Green Bay as an analogous team in the NFL.......Arguably the greatest NFL resume as a franchise (Yes, I'm biased), great venue, great fans, and a strong National Fan Base. Would I want to live there year round? Hell no. And I'm FROM Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackFrancis

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I dunno, does having his borderline NHL level player of a father Louis DeBrusk carry your water and crying for trade not ring any bells? Also, I'd imagine some of the veterans that had become complacent like Tuukka and the like may also be in that category.
So no actual facts or quotes or links or sources. Just what you imagine. Okay then.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Do you have a cite for these actions by Louie DeBrusk? Because the way I remember it, it was a couple people in here claiming Louie did this, not being able to provide a scintilla of proof he did, then admitting it was all just speculation. But I'm open to seeing some actual proof.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
It's got to be at or near the bottom. I've been to Winnipeg as well, and loved our visit. But if I was a pro athlete in my 20's it's probably the last place I'd want to be. Winter lasts forever, the travel schedule is probably the worst of any NHL team, and its 500+ miles to the nearest city of any significance.

Reactions: EverettMike

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Man, that's totally subjective. Like I said before, the venue is great and the fans are too. As for living in Winnipeg? My personal opinion is that its probably bottom quartile. But that's just me.

You can use Green Bay as an analogous team in the NFL.......Arguably the greatest NFL resume as a franchise (Yes, I'm biased), great venue, great fans, and a strong National Fan Base. Would I want to live there year round? Hell no. And I'm FROM Wisconsin.

I would have Green Bay pretty low, too. And while I know these lists are very subjective, I'm talking about in an objective way when thinking about the majority of NHL players.

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

1686872560159.png

Winnipeg is in the bottom tier - Buffalo as well.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The Bruins refusal to dump the puck in and punish the Panthers' shitty d-corps is still absolutely insane.
Not really surprising to me as they didn’t seem to do that in the regular season but obviously they should have . There’s more time to dangle in the regular season but in the playoffs have to keep it simple . The epic regular season was a detriment in hindsight.

Reactions: EverettMike

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
The Bruins refusal to dump the puck in and punish the Panthers' shitty d-corps is still absolutely insane.
Yup, that was my game plan when the series was set to begin. That's why we added Foligno. That was supposed to be why we added Hathaway. The way they played we'd have been better off calling up Wagner.
Florida had a very thin D. Mostly went with 4 guys. Hitting them hard, early and often was a no brainer, and yet we didn't.
And somebody has to straighten out Freddy and tell him he's not a goal scorer so he can get back to hitting people too.
I'd blame the coaching for this (and they get some of it) but the vets should have known better from past experience. We knew, why didn't they???

Reactions: capecodder

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Yup, that was my game plan when the series was set to begin. That's why we added Foligno. That was supposed to be why we added Hathaway. The way they played we'd have been better off calling up Wagner.
Florida had a very thin D. Mostly went with 4 guys. Hitting them hard, early and often was a no brainer, and yet we didn't.
And somebody has to straighten out Freddy and tell him he's not a goal scorer so he can get back to hitting people too.
I'd blame the coaching for this (and they get some of it) but the vets should have known better from past experience. We knew, why didn't they???

I mean, Bergeron, Marchand, Hall, Bertuzzi, Coyle, DeBrusk and Hathaway all could have softened up the Panthers D with a heavy forecheck. But they played like style points mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad