NHL Out of Town Thread IX: Long suffering Vegas fans rejoice - VGK wins the Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You keep calling vegas a super team. What exactly about them was a super team? They weren’t favorites to win coming into the season. Hell they were pretty far off from the actual favorite to win in Colorado

Colorado +400 odds
Vegas +1600 odds

The way you keep describing them as a super team I really hope you put down money on vegas to win because you sure are making it sound like they were the obvious choice from day 1. When in reality they were projected to be a playoff team but a middle of the pack playoff team.

16 playoff teams and they had the 8th best odds.

its not a vegas board so you dont have to run to their defense every post

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

You keep posting about how they are a super team and all I’m asking you is on what basis are they a super team. The only time I’ve actually brought this up is in response to your posts.

They weren’t even close to the betting favorites to win the cup. They weren’t favorites to win their conference.

I just want to know what basis you have for your claim that they were a bettman super team but you keep avoiding it and just making new posts about it.

All I am is interested to hear you back up your claim with even the smallest piece of evidence but you won’t.

Reactions: mar2kbos

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
You keep posting about how they are a super team and all I’m asking you is on what basis are they a super team. The only time I’ve actually brought this up is in response to your posts.

They weren’t even close to the betting favorites to win the cup. They weren’t favorites to win their conference.

I just want to know what basis you have for your claim that they were a bettman super team but you keep avoiding it and just making new posts about it.

All I am is interested to hear you back up your claim with even the smallest piece of evidence but you won’t.
It's about the "unfair" expansion rules. Vegas *should* still be the Western Conference whipping boy. Along with stupid Seattle.

Then he went and made the league give them Stone, Pietrangelo, Eichel AND take away bad salaries.

Missing :sarcasm: cause I couldn't find it at the time... thought it was implied...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
It's a bit rich for him to be trolling the Leafs fans when he was healthy scratch through the playoffs. I know, I know, he contributed in the regular season, yadda, yadda, yadda. But still. Under the circumstances, maybe a little more humility is called for.
I hear ya. He's probably hanging them up so one lost pot shot for the road.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
zzkn.jpg

Reactions: Dreghorn2

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
It's a bit rich for him to be trolling the Leafs fans when he was healthy scratch through the playoffs. I know, I know, he contributed in the regular season, yadda, yadda, yadda. But still. Under the circumstances, maybe a little more humility is called for.
Nah, I love this from him, wish more players in the league would talk shit. Toronto media was pretty ruthless to him and now his name is on the cup 3 times while the Leafs celebrate first round wins like they won the whole thing.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He's gotten progressively better in each Head Coach gig he's had in the NHL. Washington--Boston--Vegas.

I'm extremely happy for him. I'd play for him any day...
Not bad for a coach who was severely criticized in Providence because he saw early on Senyshyn was a fraud. Senyshyn's Superfans started a campaign of dumping everything on Cassidy... a few years later he was recognized as a great coach... then he wins the cup. lol, you can't make this shit up.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

My friend, you rooted for Florida during the Final like you're a diehard Panthers fan.

It's about the "unfair" expansion rules. Vegas *should* still be the Western Conference whipping boy. Along with stupid Seattle.

Then he went and made the league give them Stone, Pietrangelo, Eichel AND take away bad salaries.

I can never tell if insane posts like these are sarcastic or serious.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Yup, took zero scouting to make the right choice with each pick. Also took no combo of skill and scouting to pull of trades like getting Reilly Smith to take Marchessault or getting Shea Theodore to not take Manson/Vatanen.

Also, Stone and Eichel were trades and Pietrangelo was a UFA signing.

Lord knows you were in the mass of people who lambasted and mocked the Knights roster post expansion draft. Dont get butthurt now because they actually knew what they were doing all along
Ah, it all makes sense now.

I was wondering why this dude was so pro-Panthers in the SC, defending their post-game cheapshots and analogizing Tkatuck's gutless actions with what Lucic used to do.

He was just a Vegas hater, and it blinded him.

Gotcha.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
So the biggest thing that comes out of this for me is it's always a war of attrition. Vegas had depth. We also had depth. We got that part right. We faced the healthy Panthers, Vegas faced the banged up version and still they started the series targeting their D and top forwards and by the end Florida was the walking wounded (much like we were against St. Louis). This is hockey.

So you are left asking why didn't we learn from the past and know this?

We damaged Ekblad first. Remember the game he missed? That was our best game. Direct correlation I'd say. So when he came back, did we target him? No. We did not. Dumb. Tkachuk knew what had to be done. Hathaway was there to run his team, so he took him out first chance he had and Hathaway became a non factor. None of this is rocket science. The last time we actually WON a cup we were the bullies. Cam and Don and Monty should know this. It may be a faster and cleaner league now, but in the playoffs it is still, and always will be, a war.

Build for that war, play that way when the time comes, or just give it up and tear it down cause anything else is pointless.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
So the biggest thing that comes out of this for me is it's always a war of attrition. Vegas had depth. We also had depth. We got that part right. We faced the healthy Panthers, Vegas faced the banged up version and still they started the series targeting their D and top forwards and by the end Florida was the walking wounded (much like we were against St. Louis). This is hockey.

So you are left asking why didn't we learn from the past and know this?

We damaged Ekblad first. Remember the game he missed? That was our best game. Direct correlation I'd say. So when he came back, did we target him? No. We did not. Dumb. Tkachuk knew what had to be done. Hathaway was there to run his team, so he took him out first chance he had and Hathaway became a non factor. None of this is rocket science. The last time we actually WON a cup we were the bullies. Cam and Don and Monty should know this. It may be a faster and cleaner league now, but in the playoffs it is still, and always will be, a war.

Build for that war, play that way when the time comes, or just give it up and tear it down cause anything else is pointless.

The Bruins refusal to dump the puck in and punish the Panthers' shitty d-corps is still absolutely insane.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
The Bruins refusal to dump the puck in and punish the Panthers' shitty d-corps is still absolutely insane.
Bruins offense wasn't their issue, it was the defense's inability to break the puck out against the Panther's forecheck. Playing dump and chase when we aren't built for that wouldn't have solved anything.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Bruins offense wasn't their issue, it was the defense's inability to break the puck out against the Panther's forecheck. Playing dump and chase when we aren't built for that wouldn't have solved anything.
if you're playing in the Panthers zone, you don't have to break the puck out of your end as much.

Just letting them skate out of the D zone certainly wasn't the answer either.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

They absolutely had the horses for that style of play. They weren't a one-trick pony.

And the more time you spend in the offensive zone the less time you have to make defensive gaffes in your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad