HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Edmonton must learn to lock down a game. Been thru this too many times to not be able to lock down the 3rd period

Cant handle pucks like grenades as soon as the opposition scores a goal

Just gave up 2 and both Klulack and Desharnais both went behind the and overskate the puck. Just cant happen protecting leads
They needed 7 games to beat a team playing their 3rd string goalie. The goalie looked great, but they should’ve sliced and diced like a real contender would.

Reactions: Heffyhoof

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Is there any way Drai wants out if they lose?

Caufield + 5th overall + Matheson + Barron + Beck

Does that do it?
That's a pretty penny to pay for a pending UFA. I think Drai would be foolish to stay in deadmonton even if they do fall ass-backward into a Cup between now and summer 2025... he'll have every team in the league lusting after him. Let's break down your proposal:

Caufield -- nearly-established NHL star on an acceptable long-term contract considering his strength is the most valuable thing in the sport
5th OA 2024 -- Could be Tij Iginla doing what his father never did: play for Jarome's hometown Oilers
Matheson -- defensively suspect puck-moving d-man on a good cap-hit
Barron -- pretty much worthless due to his pending waivers eligibility
Beck -- solid centre prospect on the verge of a pro contract

I think that's too much value going out the door for the Habs... AND the players the Oilers are getting aren't all 'playoff-style' players. I don't see it, personally but I would be curious to see what others think.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Edmonton must learn to lock down a game. Been thru this too many times to not be able to lock down the 3rd period

Cant handle pucks like grenades as soon as the opposition scores a goal

Just gave up 2 and both Klulack and Desharnais both went behind the and overskate the puck. Just cant happen protecting leads
I have a hard time seeing them beat Dallas. Vancouver went through hell and they still struggled against them.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Draisaitl bullied Hughes on that shift. It's amazing how good he really is. He actually killed that 6v5 for like 3 minutes.
It is another reason size is still a thing come playoffs. Norris calibre Hughes was constantly getting lit up in both series.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That's a pretty penny to pay for a pending UFA. I think Drai would be foolish to stay in deadmonton even if they do fall ass-backward into a Cup between now and summer 2025... he'll have every team in the league lusting after him. Let's break down your proposal:

Caufield -- nearly-established NHL star on an acceptable long-term contract considering his strength is the most valuable thing in the sport
5th OA 2024 -- Could be Tij Iginla doing what his father never did: play for Jarome's hometown Oilers
Matheson -- defensively suspect puck-moving d-man on a good cap-hit
Barron -- pretty much worthless due to his pending waivers eligibility
Beck -- solid centre prospect on the verge of a pro contract

I think that's too much value going out the door for the Habs... AND the players the Oilers are getting aren't all 'playoff-style' players. I don't see it, personally but I would be curious to see what others thithink
It makes the Habs pretty much instant contenders to have a player as good as this. Wed get a skater that rivals Lafleur, maybe even better than him. He's amazing.

Roy-Draisaitl-Newhook
Slaf-Suzuki-Dach

Probably the best top 6 in the NHL once Roy has truly arrived in a few months. Matchup nightmare too. Dach could slot in at 3C if we need. We get double injury insulation from NH and Dach. I NEED IT.

It is another reason size is still a thing come playoffs. Norris calibre Hughes was constantly getting lit up in both series.
Also because Hughes can't score a goal, ever. I think he has 2 goals in 30 games in the POs, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad