HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Glad the Stars won, that disallowed goal was a terrible call

3 in a row that were incorrectly applied.

Bennett shoved the defenseman into Swayman and scored. That's goalie interference.
Boston skated into Bob freely took his stick away, in a set position in the crease. That's goalie interference.
Duchene establishes position outside the crease, Georgiev comes out and voluntarily initiates contact with his stick and Makar shoves Duchene in. That's not goalie interference.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
3 in a row that were incorrectly applied.

Bennett shoved the defenseman into Swayman and scored. That's goalie interference.
Boston skated into Bob freely took his stick away, in a set position in the crease. That's goalie interference.
Duchene establishes position outside the crease, Georgiev comes out and voluntarily initiates contact with his stick and Makar shoves Duchene in. That's not goalie interference.
I missed Boston/Florida ones but they sound bad too. I'd have been so pissed as a Stars fan had they lost

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It had naught to do with the market. He didn’t want to be in MTL, and MTL didn’t want him either. He just went through the motions until he got his trade out of Montreal.
He definitely made it very clear he didn't want to be here, I've rarely seen a more disinterested player on the ice. You could tell real easy getting traded to us wasn't his choice. Good for him I guess, he seems real happy with the Stars.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Tell me you are joking. That's like Timmins revisionnist histories that he would have picked Kreider.....Carlson and so on...geez finally Timmins was not in charge of anything....
Not joking, defending or saying we would have made picks like Kreider or Carlson. It's just that there was a period of time in the middle years of his tenure where our drafting was worse (this is undeniable) and we went with a lot of bigger but less athletic players than those who were picked during the bookend years at both the start and end of his tenure. Churla was put in a senior role in the scouting department during those middle years and was clearly given a lot of say by his cronies who all played as non-stars in the NHL during that same era.

We all know why Leblanc was picked. That was before Churla and the irony is we left Kreider on the board after years of taking several US High School kids.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He definitely made it very clear he didn't want to be here, I've rarely seen a more disinterested player on the ice. You could tell real easy getting traded to us wasn't his choice. Good for him I guess, he seems real happy with the Stars.
He didn't want to leave Vegas. They did NOT want him. Obviously the Habs weren't going to keep him. If he wanted to get traded to a contender he should have shown up for games and increased his trade value.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Pretty sure the common denominator during those lean draft years during the middle of the Timmins regime was Shane Churla. I heard that Timmins got outnumbered by Habs brass on the Koberstein pick when Churla wanted him. Picks like Lernout and Crisp were also deviations from previous Timmins drafts.
Cowan on sick Podcast last night, said Timmins passed on Tkachuk because of his scouting. Timmins was a clown.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Just a few more cases where teams were too cheap to get a proper goalie.
Sorry you were so thirsty for keeping that 2nd round pick, enjoy the summer.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Amazing how perceptions change. Dallas were seen as an even weaker finalist than our 2021 run in 2020. Granted, most of the key players from that run are gone and Robertson didn't play in a playoffs that year. Hintz exploded since then. Benn had a career resurgence. Seguin is just as bad as he was then. Pavelski is somehow better, but he had a really rough first year there.

Now they're a powerhouse and likely cup favourites because of a single draft. They really have the pieces to be good for a long time too. Stankoven and Johnson are like Getzlaf and Perry when the Ducks won the cup. None of their key guys are even 30. Bourque isn't even playing as the AHL leading scorer.

The only hilarious thing is paying a first for Lundkvist who plays 3 minutes a game.

Dallas are basically what everyone predicted Buffalo and Ottawa to be. Because they actually hit on their picks. Though I still wouldn't be surprised to see Buffalo explode the way Dallas has. What they really lack are the Pavelski/Benn leadership qualities. Literally zero leadership in Buffalo.

I forgot Dallas had Suter though, I don't really like Suter. But he is preferable to cheering for Vancouver or Edmonton. Or Kreider. Or Tkachuk.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Kotkaniemi with 1 point in 11 playoff games. Canes tried to troll Montreal by offer sheeting Kotkaniemi. Ended up trolling themselves. His contract costs them a series and good shot at a cup.
No it didn't. As long as Sieve Andersen was in net they weren't going to win anything. Might have been different if Kotchetkov was in the net.

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
Cowan on sick Podcast last night, said Timmins passed on Tkachuk because of his scouting. Timmins was a clown.
I'm not defending some of Timmins' picks incuding the KK over Tkachuck, only pointing out the hindsight is 20/20. I remember during that draft many on this board were praying that Habs would pass on BT and then busted a gut laughing at Ottawa for drafted him - so there's that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad