HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Pretty sure the common denominator during those lean draft years during the middle of the Timmins regime was Shane Churla. I heard that Timmins got outnumbered by Habs brass on the Koberstein pick when Churla wanted him. Picks like Lernout and Crisp were also deviations from previous Timmins drafts.
It’s so interesting that from 03-07 we did pretty well. 08 we had no picks so that’s a wash. But then almost all our picks underperform or bust after that until… 2019. And those prospects are developed without MB’s regime and all of a sudden they’re panning out again.

It’s not coincidence. Doesn’t mean we didn’t make mistakes (KK) but some should’ve panned out better than they did.

And Benn scores.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I really liked the old Avs uniforms with the black pants. Looked a lot better imo.
1716007007934.png

Last edited:

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Actually I'm changing my vote to Dallas. Have they even lost possession since they got the puck? Feels like they've been in Colorado's zone for at least 3 minutes.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
How does the referee not stop play after watching Georgiyev headbutt the puck and then wave at him multiple times? Obviously a strap is loose..

EDIT: Apparently he was waving "I'm okay" because the same thing happened earlier lol

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Pretty sure the common denominator during those lean draft years during the middle of the Timmins regime was Shane Churla. I heard that Timmins got outnumbered by Habs brass on the Koberstein pick when Churla wanted him. Picks like Lernout and Crisp were also deviations from previous Timmins drafts.
Tell me you are joking. That's like Timmins revisionnist histories that he would have picked Kreider.....Carlson and so on...geez finally Timmins was not in charge of anything....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad