HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Hoping Boston gets eliminated in a heartbreaking loss, and honestly I'm happy to keep watching COL-DAL I don't care who advances.

All I want is Vancouver vs NYR for the 94 rematch OR Vancouver vs Florida for the PAVEL BURE BOWL. Objectively, I always like seeing franchises that haven't won the cup go all the way. It was nice to see teams like WSH and STL actually have a cup to their names after being around for so long. So VAN/FLA would guarantee a first-time cup winner.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Like to see Rod in Toronto
He might actually make them good though. Matthews would do well in a defence-first team because of how many goals he scores on turnovers. I get matthews has a lot of skill, but I think embracing his 2-way ability and surrounding him with heavier players might be the way to use him best. Of course, they'd need to blow it up a bit but they have the guys to sell so....

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Hoping Boston gets eliminated in a heartbreaking loss, and honestly I'm happy to keep watching COL-DAL I don't care who advances.

All I want is Vancouver vs NYR for the 94 rematch OR Vancouver vs Florida for the PAVEL BURE BOWL. Objectively, I always like seeing franchises that haven't won the cup go all the way. It was nice to see teams like WSH and STL actually have a cup to their names after being around for so long. So VAN/FLA would guarantee a first-time cup winner.
Van Florida would be great.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Mid 1st round pick Kreider never got more than 28G before age 30 right? First 8-years in NHL he avg 24G.

Then came Panarin, Fox, Zibanejad hit his prime etc..

5th round pick Gallagher by age 28 had two 30G+ seasons under his belt without anywhere near the same support cast

Food for thought…

BTW - I wanted Kreider instead of Leblanc at 2009 draft, and am a big fan of his game, but there are other variable when comparing the two players that come into effect
Timmins sucked at first round picks and Leblanc might be his worst mistake.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He might actually make them good though. Matthews would do well in a defence-first team because of how many goals he scores on turnovers. I get matthews has a lot of skill, but I think embracing his 2-way ability and surrounding him with heavier players might be the way to use him best. Of course, they'd need to blow it up a bit but they have the guys to sell so....
In the regular season.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I dunno, the Nurse contract was an obvious albatross the second it was signed. It's only a cautionary tale about signing #3-4s for franchise D money.

I will admit that there is a part of me that gets scared when I remember Kent Hughes was the agent who negotiated that Nurse deal, hopefully he doesn't believe that Nurse was ever actually worth that money LOL
Of course his job was to maximise his players deal. He was an agent. Now his job is to pay the least. He’s a gm. You do the job description.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Yeah not matching the offersheet was completely the right call. It's what Bergevin did with those picks that is the real problem. Should have just saved the cap space and keep the picks.

I don’t think he was intentionally sabotaging us but MB’s summer that year was perplexing AF and felt like an intentional FU. I can’t believe he was completely unaware of the Price and Weber situation and must had some inkling that things were serious with them. Losing your #2 center in PD and let’s just say their #3 in KK. Tying up money and term to Armia and Hoffman with thank you money given to Gally the year prior… like WTH was his plan?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I hope Florida wins and they beat the crap out of Kreider.
With what ? Maybe Bennett ?

Kreider isn't super tough, but Florida is just a mirage. That team isn't super tough, or anything, they just all jump in so it's a 10 man hug fest.

They let their "heavyweight" go with Anderson and he fed that guy. Anderson and Xhekaj could feed that entire team

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Not sure what this changes really. He’s a different personality than Keefe, that’s for sure, but how receptive will the core 4 be to criticism? I feel like they all built up diva personalities from the soft start in Toronto, it might be too late for this type of coach to hold them accountable.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad