HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Or we get another Scherbak, Julsen, McCarron, etc... Win some, lose lots more.

Using exceptions as examples of draft policies isn't that great.

Is it exceptions if the same team keeps doing it?

Oettinger
Robertson
Stankoven
Hintz
Bourque
Johnston

They have been doing an excellent job of finding core players out of the top 10. We need to find a way to ensure we do the same.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Is it exceptions if the same team keeps doing it?

Oettinger
Robertson
Stankoven
Hintz
Bourque
Johnston

They have been doing an excellent job of finding core players out of the top 10. We need to find a way to ensure we do the same.
I would add Thomas Harley to that list and while we are at it...this Dallas team drafted Jamie Benn in the 5th round in 2007. I live 20 minutes from the Texas Stars venue, the HEB Center and everything they do with the minor league team is first rate. The HEB Center looks like an NHL rink minus the upper bowl. They draft well but it can't be understated how well they develop their young players.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I’m going off what I’ve read online. I don’t have an exact answer. I added “if true” to my post.
What's online is he tested positive for drugs but it could be cocaine.

They didn’t seem to victimize him, it was his teammates who they felt were victimized.

Brutal for this to happen in the playoffs.
Specially after Landeskog retiring at 28.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

giphy.gif

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
His old power lifting buddy Timmins is already with Columbus, so Bergy wouldn't even need to look for a new spotter at the gym :thumbu:

I'm not surprised. Bergevin does have flaws but I do think he was better in the last 1/3 of his tenure than he was in the middle 1/3. Some of our best pieces comes from Bergevin (like it or not)... Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle, Roy.

The real question is has he learned from his mistakes.

Reactions: GrandBison

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wonder if it's a coincidence Kings turned into a joke after MB joined.

Trade him Josh Anderson and Gallagher for Laine.

I do wonder what the price is for Laine. You would assume Dvorak is part of the package because the Blue Jackets need centers.

Dvorak and Anderson with the Jets pick and one other youth/futures piece. Would love to See Laine with the Habs and what MSL can do to motivate him. Problem is it's only 2 years so it doesn't really fall with our core build-up around Suzuki, Slaf, Dach, Caufield.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad