HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Yup, he was mostly hated & was blamed for KK's lack of offense. Lol He was even benched by that idiot Ducharme the season of our cup run.

I loved Lehkonen. He was always one of our hardest workers, an amazing forechecker and pker.

I'm glad he's doing well in Colorado. The guy is a gamer through and through.

Barron was an easy target. We needed RD and offensive players from the backend. At the time, we didn't have Matheson yet. Weber was retired, Petry wanted out, and we had guys like Romanov Guhle, Xhekaj, Struble, Harris in our system.
All guys with not a lot of offensive upside. And, Mailloux who the new guys didn't know except for a terrible reputation.

It wasn't a reach, but an actual need, and a young former 1st round player.
"An actual need"... just like KK was an actual "need" so Habs passed over on Tkachuk. Plus ca change...

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
"An actual need"... just like KK was an actual "need" so Habs passed over on Tkachuk. Plus ca change...
So now the team shouldn't even target prospects to trade for based on their needs? This is non-sense. You know they have to fill out an entire roster, which includes multiple positions, right? Also, Tkachuk definitely was not BPA at the time of the draft, maybe he was for you, but you would have been in the minuscule minority.

Lehko is a dime a dozen player who's in a good place to produce, put him on the Habs for the past few years and he's the exact same player he was, which is a middle 6 forward. To get a freshly drafted first rounder who's on an upward trajectory and a 2nd round pick is very good value for a player like him.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Maybe he talked to Crosby before the trade ;)

Still, the kid is 22. Can we let him develop in peace?
Lehkonen was nothing at 22 (9 goals, 21 points -11). People forget quick. Lehkonen was a 3rd line defensive winger here. Many years of mismanagement led to that. His value was not more that what we got. For that value to be higher it would have required a good 2 to 3 years of proper usage. KH was moving forward and cleaning the slate and he did what he did. Anybody expecting Lehkonen to be that productive with us is dreaming. He plays for one of the 5 best offensive of the last 30 years.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Florida v TB is a great series.

Canucks v Preds is also pretty good.

I'm curious about the Isles v Hurricanes. I'm hoping the Isles make a series out of it at home.

Will be interesting to see which teams get eliminated. If the Jets lose, the 5 teams ahead of them in the draft standings are NYR, Dallas, Vancouver, Florida, and Carolina.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Remember when Danault "shut down" McDavid, limiting him to 1G, 1A? Lol

McD is now at 29 pts in 14 playoff games against LAK
The Kings had to get away from the Danault McDavid matchup. They actually started using Dubois.
Phil was at -3 before LA ever scored a goal. It's not that important though as I read two days ago right here on HF Habs +/- is a useless stat. :help:

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Benching ? It's all been reported as an injury and he's more likely to play in game 3 than he was in game 2, so I have to imagine he's going to play this series.

Unless I missed something that was just released ?
They said injury before the series but all the reports I've read/heard recently are he's at full or near full strength and speculation is running rampant on what's up.

Who knows. Maybe it's all playoff drama and he's in next game

Reactions: zeeto

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The Kings had to get away from the Danault McDavid matchup. They actually started using Dubois.
Phil was at -3 before LA ever scored a goal. It's not that important though as I read two days ago right here on HF Habs +/- is a useless stat. :help:
Phil the Thrill needs some pizza before games. It ain't the same in LA.

Reactions: Rapala

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They said injury before the series but all the reports I've read/heard recently are he's at full or near full strength and speculation is running rampant on what's up.

It's not uncommon at all in playoffs to not announce a return in advance and to keep the mystery around it. IMO there's nothing there.

Phil the Thrill needs some pizza before games. It ain't the same in LA.
He's a good defensive 2B center. But the narrative that he was preventing the best players in the league to score was very funny and cute. Price was. I remember that 1st round against the Laffs where the utterly dominated us in the first 5 games (not so much in the last 2). I remember one game i think it was the 2nd where Matthews had 3 point blank scoring chances stopped by Price and those saves were unreal. He made those saves look so easy that most average fans did not register the scoring chances and though we were doing fine.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

plus 690 made a good point, if it is a inj. why did he travel to boston? stay in TO and get better, cant get fixed up on the road

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
There is always drama in Toronto, and lots of false narratives and media speculation. It may even be worse than in Montreal. I doubt there is any real issue.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Ovie looked like garbage through the entire game with Oshie out ifor a bit it hurt the caps. They aren't even going to make 5 games with how crap and disorganized they looked.

Even my wife thinks he looks like skeletor. " I'll get you he-man muwahahaha"
Would you expect anything different from a team with a -37 goal differential.
Not a very high bar for the crap teams in the East.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I never took you to hate the avs that much🤣
With that 4th liner we sent them Arturri Lehkonen producing 2G-2A in 2 games while Barron is still struggling with his Dside I'm starting to...

I'm still astounded at how under-appreciated Lehkonen was as a Hab. Many calling him a fourth liner and most a dime a dozen player. :facepalm:

I particularly loved how they would slag him for missed opportunities when he was the only one getting or creating them.

I wonder if simply getting rid of Anderson to them would help even it out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad