HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Verhaeghe's road to playoff beast is an interesting one. Drafted in 3rd round by Toronto he was traded to NYI with a bunch of minor leaguers for Michael Grabner. NYI traded him to Tampa Bay for another minor leaguer. He passed through waivers twice while with TB.

Florida signed him as a UFA when he became a Group 6 UFA. Now, he has back-to-back 70 pt seasons for $4m cap. Unbelievable pick up by Florida.
It be nice to find another Verhaeghe

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Why isn't Barron? :(
Some players don't have it in them to compete at the NHL level. That's what Tort was saying about his team, and about some of the other teams he coached before. The front office was just not convinced on Barron. I hope they are now, because we have too many Ds.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Same here. He wasn't appreciated while he was here and now that he's gone and being used effectively, now he has value to the board.
A few of us posted prior to the transaction, we’d never get fair value for Lekhonen in a deal, because his value was more than stats gazing

Reactions: Habs10Habs

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Same here. He wasn't appreciated while he was here and now that he's gone and being used effectively, now he has value to the board.

Yup, he was mostly hated & was blamed for KK's lack of offense. Lol He was even benched by that idiot Ducharme the season of our cup run.

I loved Lehkonen. He was always one of our hardest workers, an amazing forechecker and pker.

I'm glad he's doing well in Colorado. The guy is a gamer through and through.

Barron was an easy target. We needed RD and offensive players from the backend. At the time, we didn't have Matheson yet. Weber was retired, Petry wanted out, and we had guys like Romanov Guhle, Xhekaj, Struble, Harris in our system.
All guys with not a lot of offensive upside. And, Mailloux who the new guys didn't know except for a terrible reputation.

It wasn't a reach, but an actual need, and a young former 1st round player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad