HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Edmonton should not be giving up 4 goals to that Kings team.
This looks exactly the same as last season unstoppable offense can't stop nothin' defense.
3 PPG's won the game for them.
They gave up 2 late.

One of them just went in off Nurse's skate. Forgot the other one.

I think the Oilers let off the gas towards the end and LA got a fortuitous (yeah, you like that word like me) bounce and just thought the game was over.

TSN 1200 talking about Ullmark to Ottawa. They acknowledged his 15 team NTC, but he might accept one to Ottawa, but aside from that they were talking about how even if Ottawa got him, they'd need to upgrade their d and have a better system, otherwise they're likely not going to make the playoffs anyways with him.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Kings are simply outmatched by the Oilers as they have been the last 2 times.

They're not that bad of a team but they've had no answer for the Oilers firepower and it's a horrible matchup for them. They need a Brodin/Tanev type foothold on D desperately. Doughty is still a sick player but he's old and has no support.

BEFORE the season started, I felt the Kings were built to beat the Oilers. Kopitar/Danault/PLD should had been a lethal combo up the middle.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
They gave up 2 late.

I think the Oilers let off the gas towards the end and LA got a fortuitous (yeah, you like that word like me) bounce and just thought the game was over.

TSN 1200 talking about Ullmark to Ottawa. They acknowledged his 15 team NTC, but he might accept one to Ottawa, but aside from that they were talking about how even if Ottawa got him, they'd need to upgrade their d and have a better system, otherwise they're likely not going to make the playoffs anyways with him.
The last goal was when Ceci's stick broke and he swatted it with his hand right to a Kings player. Then it was 2 on 1 from right above the faceoff circles and they scored.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
They gave up 2 late.

I can't see Bruins trading Ullmark to a division rival. Swayman needs to be signed and is, imo, the better goalie.

Colorado should look into Ullmark, though.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The last goal was when Ceci's stick broke and he swatted it with his hand right to a Kings player. Then it was 2 on 1 from right above the faceoff circles and they scored.
Two bad breaks, otherwise the Oilers and Skinner keep LA at 2.
Seems steep no?
Yeah they probably figured at 6'8, or whatever he is that the puck would naturally hit him, but he moves too much and just doesn't look good.

Coming to a team that late in the year and the team is free falling maybe magnified it, but it isn't promising

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Seems steep no?

Definitely, but Flyers aren't a cap team, it's for only 2 years and he wasn't coming over for anything less. He was pretty bad when I watched him, and an .811 save percentage isn't exactly inspiring.

He could get them a pretty high first in 2025 & 2026, though.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Patrick Roy doesn't strike me as a rebuilding type that is willing to be bottom 5 for the next 5 years.
Yup and neither is Uncle Lou, which is why I suspect their 1st rounder is potentially available, especially if they get bounced early.

Apparently nothing will be done about teams like Vegas/Tampa circumventing the cap until the new CBA.

I don't know when that's gonna be, but whenever we become contenders we absolutely needs to do something like that if the new CBA hasn't been signed yet. Gotta fight fire with fire.
Friedman & Marek already talked about it, Owners & GMs are unanimous they don’t want to change it in case they need that out one day

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Yup and neither is Uncle Lou, which is why I suspect their 1st rounder is potentially available, especially if they get bounced early.
Yeah, but you have to look at this from a different scope.

Would you trade down for Harris ? I know I wouldn't.

The Islanders are likely more inclined to look at a forward if anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad