HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Probably up from Jets pick.
That would be great. To move from 23/24 to 18 by giving up Harris, Struble or Barron.

Then getting into the top 14 by giving up another one of that trio could be great move. It seems like the top 14 are very strong.

Took long enough but I finally get my I told you so moment :sarcasm:
Yeah, Danault sucksssss

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
L.A.'s one of those teams that looks incredible on paper and then you realize how porous their defense is and you wonder how they even made the playoffs.

They're gonna be sick in a few years though if they can get a D core going. That dumbass Dubois trade really set them back a few years though (not that involved any D, but it was a misuse of assets and made them a worse team.)

I don't have much confidence in Clarke and he's basically their only D prospect besides Spence who looks OK.

When 34-year-old Drew Doughty and Vladislav Gavrikov are the top 2 D on your depth chart its time to make some moves.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
L.A.'s one of those teams that looks incredible on paper and then you realize how porous their defense is and you wonder how they even made the playoffs.

They're gonna be sick in a few years though if they can get a D core going. That dumbass Dubois trade really set them back a few years though (not that involved any D, but it was a misuse of assets and made them a worse team.)

I don't have much confidence in Clarke and he's basically their only D prospect besides Spence who looks OK.
Too bad they had to give up Brock Faber for Fiala

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’m hoping Isles get bounced quick, potentially opening up a possibility Uncle Lou deals his 1st rounder (in the 18OA neighborhood) for a couple of young Habs Dman to help push offense from D? Barron + Harris?
I wonder if Lamoriello wouldn't be more inclined to deal away the future if the Isles made it out of the 1st round and were competitive in the 2nd round?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
My boy Jarvis is now an elite winger. The Canes have a hell of a top 4 on the offense.

Love me some Hertl. Big guy with the softest touch around the net.

They have an insane team.
Vegas on paper:

Barbachev - Eichel - Marchessault
Stone - Hertl - Karlsson
Roy - Stephenson -Mantha

Theodore - Pietrangelo
Hanafin

Pretty good top 9 and top 3 D.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
NYI are desperate for LD. I think they're a good target for a Harris trade. I would love to get their #18 OA pick.
Harris or Struble. BUT, they're our best hope to make the conference finals out the Atlantic bracket of the two team below the Jets in the standings (NYI, Washington). So hopefully they can win this series. Were up 3-2 with 2:15 left in the 3rd tonight :facepalm:

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Apparently nothing will be done about teams like Vegas/Tampa circumventing the cap until the new CBA.

I don't know when that's gonna be, but whenever we become contenders we absolutely needs to do something like that if the new CBA hasn't been signed yet. Gotta fight fire with fire.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Apparently nothing will be done about teams like Vegas/Tampa circumventing the cap until the new CBA.

I don't know when that's gonna be, but whenever we become contenders we absolutely needs to do something like that if the new CBA hasn't been signed yet. Gotta fight fire with fire.
That's ok - When we are good in a couple years we can also take advantage of it ourselves since we are injured all the time.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Oilers up 5-2. If I recall correctly, this series tends to be a homer one anyway. We'll see what happens in LA.

I'm going to bed. Kings aren't coming back.
Kings are simply outmatched by the Oilers as they have been the last 2 times.

They're not that bad of a team but they've had no answer for the Oilers firepower and it's a horrible matchup for them. They need a Brodin/Tanev type foothold on D desperately. Doughty is still a sick player but he's old and has no support.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad