HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2023-2024 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I know I'm ahead of the schedule here but I'm trying to figure out which team are going to be tanking next year and i have no idea.

The only certainty to me is San José.

I feel like Hawks, Ducks, Habs, Jackets and Coyotes are all at least going to try to take the next step in their rebuild. Of course, Hawks aren,t going anywhere and all these are going to be at the most bubble teams. I see like 20 bubble team, one legitimately bad team and like 10 good team.

Hawks & SJS for sure.

Montreal, Arizona/SLC, Anaheim, Ottawa are all going to want better results and at least be in the playoff race.

Calgary could be tanking next year. Last thing they want to do is finish 11-20 and give us their 1st. They're bottom 10 this year. I expect them to be bottom 5 next year.

I expect CBJ to be a bottom 5 team next year, too. Philadelphia is still in rebuild mode.

Reactions: Chili

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hawks & SJS for sure.

Montreal, Arizona/SLC, Anaheim, Ottawa are all going to want better results and at least be in the playoff race.

Calgary could be tanking next year. Last thing they want to do is finish 11-20 and give us their 1st. They're bottom 10 this year. I expect them to be bottom 5 next year.

I expect CBJ to be a bottom 5 team next year, too. Philadelphia is still in rebuild mode.
I think it's the year CBH actually starts to try to get "better", kinda like we did this year. They'll finish bottom five again but no deliberate thanking. San José is getting Hagens for sure, or Martone if they're unlucky. I'm thinking Philly should blow it up too before Michkov arrives.

CGY is going for it for McKenna.

I just don't see any deliberate tanking like we've seen in the apst 3-4 years.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Rogers probably should deploy psychosocial support to SN Studio. With Samsonov, Woll and Jones each allowing 5(+) goals in the last 3 games I'm genuinely worried about them.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think it's the year CBH actually starts to try to get "better", kinda like we did this year. They'll finish bottom five again but no deliberate thanking. San José is getting Hagens for sure, or Martone if they're unlucky. I'm thinking Philly should blow it up too before Michkov arrives.

CGY is going for it for McKenna.

I just don't see any deliberate tanking like we've seen in the apst 3-4 years.

Yeah, I don't think Columbus is going to make a big step next year. The defense is really bad. They really need to take one of the D in this year's draft. Someone like Buium is perfect for them.

Buium - Jiricek would be a pretty interesting pairing. They won't be deliberately tanking, but I just don't see how they improve all that much. Ditto Seattle. I expect Calgary & Philadelphia to be worse.

Chicago & SJS are really the only 2 deliberate tankers for next year.

We'll see more teams tanking for 2026 draft & McKenna. I won't be surprised if one of those teams is Pittsburgh.

Reactions: sandviper

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Rogers probably should deploy psychosocial support to SN Studio. With Samsonov, Woll and Jones each allowing 5(+) goals in the last 3 games I'm genuinely worried about them.
(narrator voice) "OnTheRun wasn't really that worried."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad