HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2023-2024 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Last wildcard spot in the east is pretty interesting. It's looks kind of settled from outside but then you realize Washington is going to overtake the Flyers who are still collapsing. There's about 5-6 teams that could actually get that spot depending on how their end of the season shakes out. I think any team that wins 7-8 games of their last 10 could take it as everyone else is playing .500 hockey and below. How insane would it be for the Pens or Sabres to take a spot by going undefeated?

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Everybody makes mistakes. Even Sam Pollock. Bossy, Tony O
Tony O was expendable because the Jabs already had Vachon and Dryden was waiting in the wings. And in 1971 Dryden beat Esposito in the finals.

Napier instead of Bossy was a YUGE mistake,.even though Napier was a good player and was already playing pro in the WHA.

And Robin Sadler, well, not Trader Sam's best draft day.

The reason he grew out his hair and has it spiked up is to raise money for cancer research and had kid with cancer shave his head
Yeah I saw him after the shave yesterday.

Reactions: sampollock

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tony O was expendable because the Jabs already had Vachon and Dryden was waiting in the wings. And in 1971 Dryden beat Esposito in the finals.

Napier instead of Bossy was a YUGE mistake,.even though Napier was a good player and was already playing pro in the WHA.

And Robin Sadler, well, not Trader Sam's best draft day.

Yeah I saw him after the shave yesterday.
Robin Sadler decided to become a fireman making 962.00 per month. I remember this like it was yesterday.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I am being serious about him walking away from hockey to become a fireman. That's like Bill Nyrop won the cup in his first 3 seasons and walked away to go back packing.
I know Sadler (and the late Nyrop) both quit hockey. But I seem to remember some 1st rounder who ended up driving a delivery van. I thought it was Sadler but maybe it was someone else.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I know Sadler (and the late Nyrop) both quit hockey. But I seem to remember some 1st rounder who ended up driving a delivery van. I thought it was Sadler but maybe it was someone else.
The firefighting gig may not have worked out...you may be right

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick

3-30-2024 5-53-54 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
McDavid is 25 pts from 1000 with 10 games left…
It's just too bad Darnell Nurse and his contract are probably the main reason Edmonton aren't ever winning a Stanley Cup.
I mean seriously he's not a great defender and he has 3 more goals and 1 more assists than Kaiden Guhle on that offensive juggernaut.

That's 9.25 M per year worth of shit right there folks.
Add in 4 consecutive years of 6 million dollar signing bonuses at the tail end of his contract and we have a winner.
This has to be one of the very worst contracts in the league or very close to it.
It gets plenty of attention in the post season for sure when Edmonton ultimately fails.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
McDavid has caught up to Kucherov with 124 points. Kucherov has led the league in scoring for 117 days this season
I saw somewhere that McDavid in his last 30 games now as scored 13 goals and 53 assists for 66 points and he also as 107 points in his last 52 games after scoring 18 points in his first 18 games to start this season. Unreal numbers.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
It's just too bad Darnell Nurse and his contract are probably the main reason Edmonton aren't ever winning a Stanley Cup.
I mean seriously he's not a great defender and he has 3 more goals and 1 more assists than Kaiden Guhle on that offensive juggernaut.

Add in 4 consecutive years of 6 million dollar signing bonuses at the tail end of his contract and we have a winner.
This has to be one of the very worst contracts in the league or very close to it.
It gets plenty of attention in the post season for sure when Edmonton ultimately fail.
They will also have a big decision to make on Evan Bouchard. If Nurse is worth that much, than how much is Bouchard worth?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

It gets plenty of attention in the post season for sure when Edmonton ultimately fails.
Kent Hughes negotiated it, I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia