HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2023-2024 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I don't understand why people pay to go to these arenas... But even less those that go and then complain about it.

Well, to the second part, like c’mon, that’s pretty funny and sad that $8+ gets you like a dozen fries.

As for the first part, the viewing experience is definitely better on TV, but as I go to a lot of live games personally, the fan experience is way different live. Granted, I go to basketball games… I’m sure Leafs games are about as loud as a funeral.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well, to the second part, like c’mon, that’s pretty funny and sad that $8+ gets you like a dozen fries.

As for the first part, the viewing experience is definitely better on TV, but as I go to a lot of live games personally, the fan experience is way different live. Granted, I go to basketball games… I’m sure Leafs games are about as loud as a funeral.
Always eat before the game. :)

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

It's like complaining about the cost of popcorn at a movie theatre... The insane markups are well known. If people didn't keep going, they wouldn't get away with it.

Just don't buy the fries if you don't want to be ripped off... Such an odd thing to complain about imo

Or after.

Or bring a snack.

Reactions: Runner77

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
It's like complaining about the cost of popcorn at a movie theatre... The insane markups are well known. If people didn't keep going, they wouldn't get away with it.

Just don't buy the fries if you don't want to be ripped off... Such an odd thing to complain about imo

That’s social media in a nutshell. There’s no validation that what is posted actually is worth reading but people act like since it’s been “published” it’s worthwhile.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I was at the Marlies game yesterday. They played at the Scotiabank arena. They are back to the CNE for the game against Laval today. Ate at Real Sports before the game, $30.00 for a hamburger and fries but there were 10x the fries that woman got. Didn't leave my seat at the game. There were lots of kids at the game and it was a full house so there was atmosphere. Kulich did nothing except set up one guy who screwed up the scoring chance.

Reactions: Runner77

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I was at the Marlies game yesterday. They played at the Scotiabank arena. They are back to the CNE for the game against Laval today. Ate at Real Sports before the game, $30.00 for a hamburger and fries but there were 10x the fries that woman got. Didn't leave my seat at the game. There were lots of kids at the game and it was a full house so there was atmosphere. Kulich did nothing except set up one guy who screwed up the scoring chance.
There's a pretty good Taco place between the arena and Union Station. You just duck down one of the hallways. Not cheap but not bad.

Honestly though, there's tons of options out there. If you take a bit of a walk there's Taco Del Mar which is fast food type tacos. There's the Old Spaghetti Factory, countless pubs, there's also Steamwhistle, The Rec Room...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Detroit's skid is hilarious to me. I still remember when they had the worst fans in hockey.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Detroit's skid is hilarious to me. I still remember when they had the worst fans in hockey.
They started to fall earlier this season after 25 games, but climb back up around game 40. Somewhat of a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad