Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Man, it's so nice to watch the Caps forecheck. No useless point shots from D with no traffic in net. Puck goes high to low to slot to low to high. They put the puck to Caps players too and don't give freebie outlets by just passing the puck to other teams.

Our system is complete crap.

Poor Habs would not last long at ALL vs these two teams lol.. neither will toronto for that matter, spezz and Thornton are going to get seriously exposed

Boston washington already going to overtime lol first game of the playoffs

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Jeremy Lauzon has looked pretty good with the Bruins. I know they blew their 1st round picks (3 straight) in 2015 (McDavid draft). Thank God, but they still came away with DeBrusk, Carlo, Lauzon & Vladar.

4 players in what is looking like an incredibly deep draft. Seriously, look at all the stars in today's game who are from that draft.

Meanwhile, Montreal blows a deep draft again!

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I'm really surprised they continue with this 3 on 3 joke I really cant believe it..

For all star game I have ZERO problem with it, to determine regular season hockey games tho!?! Holy shit id rather have TIES

3 on 3 is there to keep casual fans, especially American casual fans (the same ones who for some reason couldn't keep track of the puck, so Fox had the brilliant idea to make it glow), watching...period, no other reason why ties can't take place...

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Poor Habs would not last long at ALL vs these two teams lol.. neither will toronto for that matter, spezz and Thornton are going to get seriously exposed

Boston washington already going to overtime lol first game of the playoffs

Yeah, no way. Too slow. Both at forward and D.

Not nearly enough skill on D. We can't move the puck quickly like these two teams can.

We can't cycle at all. Our forecheck is mostly terrible. PK isn't good enough.

It wouldn't be close.

We need to let our UFAs walk this year. Keep Perry as a veteran presence. Move Chiarot.

Just a terribly built team.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Yeah, no way. Too slow. Both at forward and D.

Not nearly enough skill on D. We can't move the puck quickly like these two teams can.

We can't cycle at all. Our forecheck is mostly terrible. PK isn't good enough.

It wouldn't be close.

We need to let our UFAs walk this year. Keep Perry as a veteran presence. Move Chiarot.

Just a terribly built team.
I'll be seriously upset if we dont have Perry next year

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I'll be seriously upset if we dont have Perry next year

The only UFA we have that's a must sign for next year is Perry; letting him sign somewhere else would be idiocy...perfect vet and Leader to keep to help the kids along and he's just such a marvelously aggravating presence to have drive the opposition batshyte...love the guy, definitely getting a Perry jersey and I don't want it wasted on only 1 year!!...:laugh:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
While I don't imagine many watched the Oilers-'Nucks game tonight, Mikko Koskinen once again proved why he isn't even worthy of being an AHL backup anymore...how in the Hell are they going to get rid of that $4.5 mill cap hit for next year without just buying him out??...no GM in their right mind (yes, even Bargain Bin or Benning) are gonna want that albatross unless a 1st Overall is coming back with it...Chiarelli certainly screwed them badly before he was shown the door...

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Lol what kills me is that Eller today would play 23 minutes a night on this montreal team. The coaches would be obsessed with him.

Not if it came down to a choice between Eller and Danault...this Organization thinks No Skill Phil is our savior and the only thing that's gonna stop that trend is him no longer being here, honestly...if he's still here next year, Kotkaniemi might as well just ask for a trade immediately, regardless if Danault even signs a lower end contract and accepts that he's no more than an elite #3C; as long as this Organization has the same Play Not To Lose mentality, Danault will be in our Top 6...

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Man, it's so nice to watch the Caps forecheck. No useless point shots from D with no traffic in net. Puck goes high to low to slot to low to high. They put the puck to Caps players too and don't give freebie outlets by just passing the puck to other teams.

Our system is complete crap.

This, this!!

Colorado is a treat to watch as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad