Out of town scores VI - First round continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Depending how long this goes, I think the Panthers will be good for at least a couple odd man breaks, just like last game in OT.

And they won't score, just like last game in OT.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I guessed it would be an isles pens ECF. That would be pretty miserable, but at this point wouldn't surprise me. Probably end up a pens hawks final...

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just get ready for it, it's gonna be brutal.

I feel bad for everyone that watches local news up in North Jersey/New York.

They're gonna sell the **** out of this Islanders win. Interviewing all these dweebs ''I'm so happy! The last time the Islanders won a playoff series I was in preschool!'' or ''It's so amazing! My kids are all grown up now, and none of them were born yet when my Islanders last won a playoff series! I was in high school! We're going all the way baby! WOOOOO!!!!''

And since they don't have the NY A team to cover anymore this playoffs, they'll no doubt milk the NY B team for coverage.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jagr has looked like this really old hot rod, that's good enough to take on really long trips.

Like you can take it to California and stuff from the East Coast. But if you drive it back to the East Coast too soon after, it will grenade and break down on you, well before you get it back East.

But if you just wait until September to take it back, it will be fine.

What is that stupid chant? Sounds like Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That sequence for the panthers looked like the Devils trying to offense. Doesn't generally work out too well. They need like 4 times as many chances as their opponent to bury one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know one thing is for sure, I won't be picking the Panthers to win a playoff series again until they actually win one first.

And in the case they make it out of here, I don't think they're going any further.

It would take a miracle just to win this one.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I feel bad, I don't want to be a total dick about, it just drives me nuts lol. I'm sure she's a nice gal just doing her job.

I know I even looked her up to see if there was a problem the first time I heard her in case she had a hearing problem.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That sequence for the panthers looked like the Devils trying to offense. Doesn't generally work out too well. They need like 4 times as many chances as their opponent to bury one.

They've been the Devils all series long pretty much.

More like the last two full seasons that DeBoer coached though, when we were an amazing corsi team.

Only if we had actually gotten more shots per game too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL Bernier shot dribbles through Luongo but rolls wide.

I have more confidence in Bernier scoring than anyone in white right now.

That's why I picked him or Tavares to get the winner.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would have laughed my ass off if that Bernier shot had gone in.

If he had tried that from further away, Luongo might have been angled to where that dribbles into the net and not wide. Too tough of an angle.

That's assuming he doesn't get him square in the chest.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Him or Martin.

I think either of them have a better chance of scoring than the Panthers do.

I think Steve Goldstein and Denis Potvin have a better chance at scoring.

This is not doing a bit of good for their fans, who have to watch 3 OT's where their team can't score.

These last two have been long ones too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
CBC commentary is saying Florida is gassed.

Don Rickles begs to differ.

He says it's impossible to be gassed. Needs moar practice.

I'm not even kidding you when I say that I'm surprised that the Panthers don't have offseason mini camps, like NFL teams have during the offseason.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
In terms of duration, this is probably the longest series. Chicago St Louis is a pretty long one also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad