Out Of Town Scoreboard XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
CP24 ‏@CP24 2m2 minutes ago
Toronto police say 3 people ticketed for throwing Leafs jerseys on the ice at the ACC have been banned for a year from all MLSE properties.

:laugh:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan 42m42 minutes ago
Received update on Boedker: he injured spleen during WPG game and had surgery that night to remove it, GM Don Maloney confirmed.

Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan 27m27 minutes ago
Boedker might be able to return to Arizona in 2-3 days, Maloney said. Also said recovery in 4-6 week range.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
CP24 ‏@CP24 2m2 minutes ago
Toronto police say 3 people ticketed for throwing Leafs jerseys on the ice at the ACC have been banned for a year from all MLSE properties.

:laugh:

Good. That's one way to get them to stop. Someone will still probably do it at their next game though. :laugh:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Man, feel bad for Winnipeg. The Heritage Classic they were going to host for the 2015-16 season is likely getting delayed for 1 year due to what I can only describe as "bureaucratic bull****".

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
gary lawless ‏@garylawless 44m44 minutes ago
Outdoor Heritage Classic game postponed until 2016-17 season - via @winnipegnews http://shar.es/1bjh1O via @sharethis

Thanks, that's too bad for them but ours got postponed too. I like how next year coincides with the 20th anniversary too.

The league is expected announce its slate of outdoor games for next season this weekend at its all-star weekend in Columbus

:D :handclap: :yo: :D

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Thanks, that's too bad for them but ours got postponed too. I like how next year coincides with the 20th anniversary too.

:D :handclap: :yo: :D

I don't recall us ever officially having one that got postponed?

I mean this was set to go and then the NHL and the Blue Bombers are having the business equivalent of a pissing match.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
No probably not, doubt it ever got that far. But I think it was described as pushed back. Its a shame it can't happen over disagreements on dates but can't say I don't think less is more anyway. Waiting a year sucks but its not like they aren't getting it at all. Wonder if the league was being inflexible as a way for them to cut down on the number of games per year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
As long as NHL agrees about sending players to the next 100 Olympics, I could careless about some stupid team idea in World Cup of Hockey.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Didn't see there were 8 teams.

Wonder how the NA vets feel about being eliminated from this? I'm sure a lot of them have pretty fond memories of watching the Canada Cup. On the other hand I'm sure they like not cutting their summer short.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd guess that Canada, US, Sweden, Finland, Russia, and Czech Republic get full teams. Euros from outside those countries get their own team (AKA Kopitar's team) and a young team meant for ~23 and under Canadian players (jk... US and Sweden might get a couple players on the team as well).

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I still can't wrap my brain around what the hell this is supposed to be. Instead of the WC? Instead of the Olympics? Something else?

FTR, I think they will still participate in the Olympics when it comes down to it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So the players 23 and under who might be good enough to play for their national team would have to play for the North American "young guns" team. That's dumb.

Duthie on TSN just now: "Yeah because that's what Nathan MacKinnon always dreamed of, wearing the purple and lime green of some North American youth team" :biglaugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
POS Rinaldo just launched himself into Letang and hit him from behind. Should be a suspension coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad