Out of Town Scoreboard X

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Dollar for dollar, is there a worse defense in the league than Philly's. Yikes.

Could Grossman take Hejda's place? Are they fairly similar players? I haven't seen much of him, just when he has played bottom pair.

grossmann is less mobile, more physical and worse with the puck. and less hockey sense.

he's closer to stuart than hejda.

and i agree, their D is one of the most expensive and at the same time, one of the worst. that's why i've said they should blow it up as they aren't going to win anything with so much cap space tied on so many medicore or bad players. they do have some promising kids coming up on D though.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Dollar for dollar, is there a worse defense in the league than Philly's. Yikes.

Could Grossman take Hejda's place? Are they fairly similar players? I haven't seen much of him, just when he has played bottom pair.

Grossman is more Guenin than Hejda these days.

The only Flyers defender that's reasonably good (apart from their prospects) is Coburn.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Every score is going 'gainst the Avs. We need 'ginner back, but man did 'kinner have a great game tonight. Am I doing this right?

Can the teams we're chasing stop winning?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
LOLeafs_zpsj6afhud1.gif

Go Ducks Go!

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If you guys wanna know why playoffs just not gonna happen for the Avs, just look at tonight's scores...

Flames-Sharks 3 point game

Stars won

Kings are up on the Ducks and probably will win.

Edit: And Avs only pick up one point. Almost the worst possible scenario happened for the Avs, they were 6 seconds away from the very worst scenario if they didn't tie the game and got the point.

Not to mention all the games other teams have in hand on the Avs.

Avs really can't afford to lose more than 5 or 6 games the rest of the season to have a chance the way things are going. It's gonna be next to impossible.

Last edited:

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
If you guys wanna know why playoffs just not gonna happen for the Avs, just look at tonight's scores...

Flames-Sharks 3 point game

Stars won

Kings are up on the Ducks and probably will win.

The Avs were once 11 points out...it's too early to be worrying about other teams. Avs have to keep winning and they'll get in. Still 35+ games left.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The Avs were once 11 points out...it's too early to be worrying about other teams. Avs have to keep winning and they'll get in. Still 35+ games left.

That's a key sentence right there. So far on this road trip they're not keep winning. 500 hockey is not gonna be enough.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Lovejoy is basically rightie Holden. They look so similar on the ice. Slow, poor awareness and misses passes a lot. Imagine them together as a pair. It would be glorious.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
PAP on pace for 29 points this year. I miss that 5th round pick.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
When Bergevin trades Moen for Gonchar and Bourque for Allen, he's a wizard because it helps his cap in the future by getting rid of contracts beyond this year. When he trades Briere for Parenteau he's a wizard because he gets a great possession player for just $4M a year for two seasons.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
PAP on pace for 29 points this year. I miss that 5th round pick.

Unbelievable how some people STILL complain about that trade. At least the talk of his contract being a "steal" has stopped.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
When Bergevin trades Moen for Gonchar and Bourque for Allen, he's a wizard because it helps his cap in the future by getting rid of contracts beyond this year. When he trades Briere for Parenteau he's a wizard because he gets a great possession player for just $4M a year for two seasons.

yeah, he's becoming one of the best GMs out there.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
No one is helping the Avs. Hawks are down by 2 now to Dallas in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad