League News: Out of Town Scoreboard (Playoff Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Funny how Datsyuk can snipe with his hands so close together and his arms so far away from his body, but he splits the D so much and misses the net 99% of the time trying to snipe.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Meh thought it was a good call. Chicago player was completely in the crease when the goal was scored. I see why it was waived off.
Without contact by Shaw or contact initiated by Howard to gain positioning it's questionable. Just making him uncomfortable doesn't rise to the standard IMO. Maybe if Chicago drove the net much to begin with...

The Hawks look like a team that hasn't faced adversity and overall isn't sure what max effort is. Go Wings for draft position purposes but I like the winner of LA/SJ overall.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Meh thought it was a good call. Chicago player was completely in the crease when the goal was scored. I see why it was waived off.

Disagree completely, there was no contact and it was a sharp angle shot with Howard clinching the post and it going off Shaw's skate, there was nothing wrong with him being in the crease.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Yeah, no contact with the goalie, goalie actually got a piece of the puck and Shaw was battling against two Wings that were the ones pushing Shaw that far into the crease.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Chicago completely hosed on the no-goal call.

Nope!

Holmstrom had some 30 goals called back during his career from times when he wasn't even in the blue and touched no one.

I don't recall Quenville complaining about that.

Give em the 2nd goal... they still lose 3-2.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
It wasn't as bad as the missed call on the Hawks for boarding Franzen, which led to Chicago's only goal.

Which wasn't as bad as the "intent to blow" no goal that ended up costing Detroit the 2009 Stanley Cup and gifting it to Pittsburgh (in combination with a missed goaltender interference call goal awarded to the Penguins in the same game).

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Which wasn't as bad as the "intent to blow" no goal that ended up costing Detroit the 2009 Stanley Cup and gifting it to Pittsburgh (in combination with a missed goaltender interference call goal awarded to the Penguins in the same game).

The thing that angered me was in Game 3 at (S)Mellon Arena (which my son and I attended), where Pittsburgh was allowed 6 skaters for 26 seconds with no call on them.

As I noted, my son and I were there, and the crowd was shouting at the Pens to retract one of their skaters. I'm told that the television announcers were in disbelief that the refs were turning a blind eye to it. And I knew at that point: there was NO WAY the NHL was going to allow the Wings to win the Cup again.

And for those who scoff at this, riddle me this:

How is it that the Red Wings won the Cup the previous season, yet the NHL put a video of the Penguins celebrating on the official NHL commercial?

So I quite agree: Crosby didn't 'win' the Cup.... he was 'awarded' the Cup.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I think Bruins fans are coming to realize what Ovechkin was talking about...

That no-call on the hold was absolutely disgusting and is pretty much irrefutable evidence that there is e force besides these 2 teams trying to affect the outcome. That was smack dab in the middle of the play where all officials should have been looking.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Now 3 total high sticks on Rangers uncalled, 2 of which caused some major bleeding.

But unsurprisingly MSG fans boo that they didn't call a penalty on Seguin who was high sticked for hitting Kreider in the face on the follow through.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Now 3 total high sticks on Rangers uncalled, 2 of which caused some major bleeding.

But unsurprisingly MSG fans boo that they didn't call a penalty on Seguin who was high sticked for hitting Kreider in the face on the follow through.

Fox-Mulder.jpg

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
There is a God. Now I just want someone to elbow Callahan in the throat to complete my happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad