League News: Out of Town Scoreboard (Playoff Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Grabner clearly hooked/slashed, guess who sees it and calls nothing... Same guy who made the hooking call on Ovechkin last night.

Kevin Pollock is garbage.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
I like our chances vs the rangers. They have a few new players we have to study up on while the caps have an entire different scheme.

They scored a bunch in a few games but Florida just recently beat them with markstrom in net. That rangers team still lacks finishers. Nash in and gabby out.

Liberati0n*

Another matchup with them really is so boring, but yeah...I'll take boring over scary.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The only non-OTT or NYR situation is if TOR loses their final game (tonight vs. MON), and then OTT wins both of their two remaining games--that would leave us with a WSH/TOR series, correct?

Liberati0n*

The only non-OTT or NYR situation is if TOR loses their final game (tonight vs. MON), and then OTT wins both of their two remaining games--that would leave us with a WSH/TOR series, correct?

That's the only way to get Toronto. The only other possibility is the Islanders, if the Rangers and Ottawa both lose their games. The Rangers will rule that out in a few minutes though.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
I am actually worried about the Rangers, really am

Dont know why though. Someone talk me out of it

Integral

Feb 5, 2011

That's what I'm hoping for. Go Montreal! Boo Philadelphia and Boston (sorry Flyers and Bruins fans).

Liberati0n*

Well, a Toronto loss guarantees that it won't be Ottawa, so that's one thing to root for definitively.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Rangers fan:

Looks like it might be Rangers-Caps again. Just wondering...are you as sick of playing us as we are of you? :laugh:

Feel like it's the best matchup for both teams, but honestly I want to play somebody else already. Anyway good luck. Really like what Adam Oates has done with the Caps. I think he's made them more a tougher team to play against than when the Caps were coached by Dale Hunter or Bruce Boudreau.

Integral

Feb 5, 2011
Well, a Toronto loss guarantees that it won't be Ottawa, so that's one thing to root for definitively.

You could still end up with Ottawa if Toronto loses, and Ottawa wins a game + picks up an OT loss point. Alternatively, if Toronto loses in OT, Ottawa could still end up being 6th seed if they win both their games.

Liberati0n*

You could still end up with Ottawa if Toronto loses, and Ottawa wins a game + picks up an OT loss point. Alternatively, if Toronto loses in OT, Ottawa could still end up being 6th seed if they win both their games.

True on the Ottawa OT point. I wasn't accounting for that, but I meant if Toronto loses, not OT-loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad