Out of town scoreboard part IX: Stanley Cup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Outright baffling to me that I can count on one hand the amount of people NBCSN has on their NHL broadcast team that aren't objectively insufferable.

And it seemingly gets worse each year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Outright baffling to me that I can count on one hand the amount of people NBCSN has on their NHL broadcast team that aren't objectively insufferable.

I heard Ray Ferraro was on the Canadian broadcast of this series.

I'm more than alright with Boucher and Michelletti. Ray Ferraro was another player I hated back in the 90's. Him, Kevin Dineen and Joe Succo were the random players on my list for years. I used to laugh and get way too excited that Ferraro and Dineen had to end their washed up careers on expansion teams, like the Thrashers and Blue Jackets.

I also hate Ferraro's voice also, and his son Landon is becoming quite the little **** too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I've been pretty much done caring about NBCSN and their studio since the Minnesota game fiasco earlier this year.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I heard Ray Ferraro was on the Canadian broadcast of this series.

I'm more than alright with Boucher and Michelletti.

Micheletti has grown on me.
He was a little excitable last year between the benches. But he's doing alright as he is now.

Boucher's tone and voice are palatable unlike most others, but sometimes I listen to the things he says and I just roll my eyes. He teeters between painfully obvious and making unnecessary observations just for the sake of saying something.

I like Alberts, I like Doc (and mainly for nostalgic reasons at this point), I'm lukewarm on Micheletti and that's it.
In the studio... Tappen & McHugh are fine, not great, but fine.

I don't actively dislike Anson Carter, but the combination of him being so boring & monotone and being on the late games/post games is sleep inducing.

Long story short... bring back Cory!

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I've been pretty much done caring about NBCSN and their studio since the Minnesota game fiasco earlier this year.

Refresh my memory on this one? Fiasco is a word I associate with NBCSN's broadcasts more often than not.

Well I didn't think it would be early since its game night but not much going on.:box:

I notice these threads are slower than I remember. Is it just that not many people post on this board anymore, or just this thread in particular?
These OoT threads used to move pretty quickly. Some nights I feel like I'm doing a one woman GDT, Out of Town style.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
2-0 lead for the Sharks...time for the Blues to score two and send it to OT :sarcasm:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Refresh my memory on this one? Fiasco is a word I associate with NBCSN's broadcasts more often than not.

I notice these threads are slower than I remember. Is it just that not many people post on this board anymore, or just this thread in particular?
These OoT threads used to move pretty quickly. Some nights I feel like I'm doing a one woman GDT, Out of Town style.

Roenick called the game boring. Production value was garbage.

I think because the Rags, Isles, and Flyers are gone, no one is invested in these playoffs anymore. I'm a little guilty but I have to clean out my DVR. I'm weeks behind on my shows.

Plus, it's nice out and almost Memorial Day. I don't blame people for being out. I'm old now, so I don't go out anymore.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
A 2-1 win in Minnesota where the broadcast cut out, missed two goals including MERRILL scoring, then mocked the lack of excitement in the game.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2010507&page=7

I don't think I was able to watch a single game from late December until early February, so that would explain why I have no recollection of this whatsoever.

Even without that fiasco, I'd be perfectly content with the Devils never playing another regular season game on NBC/NBCSN.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think because the Rags, Isles, and Flyers are gone, no one is invested in these playoffs anymore. I'm a little guilty but I have to clean out my DVR. I'm weeks behind on my shows.

Plus, it's nice out and almost Memorial Day. I don't blame people for being out. I'm old now, so I don't go out anymore.

Yeah it's not as contentious here without the Rangers around and the lightning rod debates about how great they were and doomsday predictions, thank god.

I did want to catch the Sharks a little, I'm glad it was on a Wednesday when there's no Met game and I wasn't going to be out like yesterday or tomorrow.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That was a terrible first 2 minutes.

More shorthanded chances than anything. I almost think Adam Oates is providing some of his services to the Sharks. He must have been a special guest assistant coach these last 3 games with all the shorthanded chances they've allowed.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That was a terrible first 2 minutes.

More shorthanded chances than anything. I almost think Adam Oates is providing some of his services to the Sharks. He must have been a special guest assistant coach these last 3 games with all the shorthanded chances they've allowed.

Well Parise and company don't need him this month so who knows :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad