Out of Town Round 1 Playoff Thread

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Boston is our kryptonite, so I wouldn't mind them going out. Washington just doesn't scare me much right now. That team just doesn't look the same this year.

Dangle has us losing to Colorado in the Finals, beating Nashville, Tampa, and Toronto to get there.

Reactions: AD Skinner

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Boston is our kryptonite, so I wouldn't mind them going out. Washington just doesn't scare me much right now. That team just doesn't look the same this year.

Dangle has us losing to Colorado in the Finals, beating Nashville, Tampa, and Toronto to get there.

Well, Washington was our kryptonite until they weren't. Seems like the Canes have jumped up a level this year while Boston dropped one. I'm not as worried about them as I was in the past. 'Course, we need to win at least two series before the question even becomes relevant . . .

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Boston is our kryptonite, so I wouldn't mind them going out.
This is why I want Boston in the semis...exorcise some demons.

Just realized the Prince of Wales trophy will not be awarded this season...

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
This is why I want Boston in the semis...exorcise some demons.

Just realized the Prince of Wales trophy will not be awarded this season...

Yeah that's kind of bullshit. I get it that there is no conferences this year but there is always an award for making the finals. To not have one this year feels wrong, especially after a full (albeit shortened) season

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Yeah that's kind of bullshit. I get it that there is no conferences this year but there is always an award for making the finals. To not have one this year feels wrong, especially after a full (albeit shortened) season
Speaking of kryptonite, maybe the NHL was like "these assholes never appreciate the trophy anyway".

Reactions: DaveG

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Pens creating more chances than I expected against the Isles. That top unit for Pittsburgh looks really dangerous.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
d95.gif

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
John just called T-Mobile the fortress, that reminds me of all the great arena names no longer in use.

The Pond, the Shark Tank, the Igloo. These should be forever names and PNC should be the Eye

The fact that actual people in Boston call the Fleet Center, “Tha GAHDEN” now pisses me right off. If the tried to call the “new” buildings in Toronto or Montreal the Gardens or the Forum someone would rightfully stab you.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
The fact that actual people in Boston call the Fleet Center, “Tha GAHDEN” now pisses me right off. If the tried to call the “new” buildings in Toronto or Montreal the Gardens or the Forum someone would rightfully stab you.

True but thats different. Those nicknames were because of the building these nicknames are because of the teams

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
Well, to be fair it was renamed TD Garden a few years ago. But yeah, the old Gahden it ain't...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad