Out of Town: Post-frenzy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
How do you know he's not signing an extension?
Pacioretty or skinner??
If the news is true he only wants to go to Fla, then he won’t sign and that’s his prerogative
Ive always been a Pacioretty supporter but his value is at an all time low.
Hopefully they can get a 1st and 2nd like Nash and Tatar got at the deadline

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Skinner has weirdly fluctuated between over and underrated throughout his career. I think people forget how good he actually is, but the concussion history alone puts him a tier below Pacioretty.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Pacioretty or skinner??
If the news is true he only wants to go to Fla, then he won’t sign and that’s his prerogative
Ive always been a Pacioretty supporter but his value is at an all time low.
Hopefully they can get a 1st and 2nd like Nash and Tatar got at the deadline
What if Florida doesn't want or need Pacioretty?

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
What if Florida doesn't want or need Pacioretty?
There’s a reason Pacioretty is still a Hab
He’s only singing an extension with a team he wants to
Fla can wait till next summer and give up nothing
But come TDL, teams will be willing to part more for a rental than they are right now.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
There’s a reason Pacioretty is still a Hab
He’s only singing an extension with a team he wants to
Fla can wait till next summer and give up nothing
But come TDL, teams will be willing to part more for a rental than they are right now.

the panthers don't seem to need or have room for Pac unless they trade a LW. With Huberdeau, Hoffman, Barkov, Trocheck, Dadonov, Borgstrom, all signed for 2 or more years just don't see them being interested. Granted a lot can happen between now and next summer but just don't see a fit with the panthers.

If a team offers Pac the right money, say 7 * 7, I bet he'll happily sign there.

Reactions: vokiel and 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sure just like Subban had higher value... just like Galchenyuk had higher value...

Pacioretty isn't trading himself... our GM is still an idiot...
I don't know why you're bringing up Subban and Galchenyuk...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Don’t forget about Vegas once they come to an agreement with Karlsson and figure out financials of the team. They need a good 2nd line winger to play with Stastny after losing two key offensive players in Neal and Perron. Max fits that style of team and Gallant is familiar with him.

Reactions: montreal

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Here's one thing that probably made Skinner's value lower, he had a NMC. He surely refused being traded to teams who were probably willing to offer more than what Buffalo gave.

Max doesn't have one of those clauses.

Kind of funny that he’d okay a trade to Buffalo then. Up and coming team, but you’re really banking on a huge turnaround.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Kind of funny that he’d okay a trade to Buffalo then. Up and coming team, but you’re really banking on a huge turnaround.

I agree. He may have waived it to Buffalo because he can see with Eichel and Dahlin, as well as some top notch prospects in Nylander and Mittlestadt, this team is on a positive path. And Skinner is young enough to be a part of that future. It's all I can really think of as a reason someone would waive their NMC to go to Buffalo.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Just like that, Buffalo now has a pretty good top 9. If Dahlin and Risto can play like 1 and 2s there might be something there.

Have to wonder about goalies though

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Does that mean we should retire 23 different players’ numbers because they make up this team?

Your argument was that Montreal is different and have such a glorious history filled with so many great players that a guy like Gainey shouldn't make the cut. That sentiment doesn't jive with the fact that he would make an all time Habs roster (Which for the record usually doesn't include healthy scratches, so it's 20 players not 23). If we had so many great players then why would Gainey make that team if he wasn't one of those great players?

Reactions: Laurentide

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I don't know why you're bringing up Subban and Galchenyuk...

Because our GM has trouble getting maximum value for his players... I thought the point was pretty obvious but I guess you're a little slow today...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just like that, Buffalo now has a pretty good top 9. If Dahlin and Risto can play like 1 and 2s there might be something there.

Have to wonder about goalies though

They have Carter Hutton.

They also signed Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (crazy name, eh?). So he may end up being their goalie of the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad