GDT: Out of Town Playoffs II - Conference Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
And the great Montreal fans shower the Rangers with bottles

When will anyone point out that this is a common occurrence amongst these lunatics?

Because they're the only fan base that whines a/b this crap in the first place.

Rags should have put them away. They blow this, they'll never recover.

What does Nash give you for 8mil? Why I don't want a superstar w/ Lucic and DK. 20 goal man w/ wheels and jam.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The Habs are an absolute disgrace.

I mean as fans we are all guilty of unjustly vilifying our rivals to some degree. I hate the Yankees for instance, with a passion, but even though I would never admit it to my Yankee fan friends, I do have to give them credit for what they have accomplished. Sure they have had their share of dirtbags and cheats, but what team hasn't?

The Habs on the other hand.......it's like very time I think they've bottomed out in regard to classlessness, or gutless play, they find a new low.

A while back in the "Hab Hating" post, someone mentioned that they got to a point where they pitied Komisarek more than they hated him, until his last act as a Hab was cross checking Looch in the throat.

How many times can you dive or embellish? How many times can you start a scrap, turtle until the linesmen get in the middle, then mouth off to the guy who was seconds away from breaking your jaw? How many times can you hold, slash, cross check without getting called and then act surprised when they finally call you.

There is almost nothing that could happen to that team that would make me feel sorry for them. I hope they lose either 8-0 or in 5 over times in game 6, just to either embarrass them or make the loss as excruciating as possible.

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Guys...the Habs will come back and win this series. I have a feeling in my stomach ( probably just indigestion). Been living as a Bruins fan in Montreal for my whole life. I get knots when watching Bruins play Habs. I am getting those same knots in my stomach watching the Rangers fail at eliminating these clowns.

You need to put that team down when you have a chance. Rangers missed. They better not miss Thursday or else it's goodnight Irene. Book it.

Killer Bees

May 26, 2013
Ohio sticks
I grew up right outside Pittsburgh, raised to hate everything to do with their sports teams. I never thought a team could come close to the hate I've built for 34 years for the Steelers and Penguins. Then I became a Bruins fan and starting posting here. Gat damn if the Habs don't come close to those Pittsburgh teams for me. Not quite, but damned close.

Their team is a piece of work but their fans are on another level of dumb-****ery.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
llePY9S.gif

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Guys...the Habs will come back and win this series. I have a feeling in my stomach ( probably just indigestion). Been living as a Bruins fan in Montreal for my whole life. I get knots when watching Bruins play Habs. I am getting those same knots in my stomach watching the Rangers fail at eliminating these clowns.

You need to put that team down when you have a chance. Rangers missed. They better not miss Thursday or else it's goodnight Irene. Book it.

Well at least they are not winning the cup. They can't luck themselves into winning a series against the kings. Maybe the hawks, but definitely not the kings.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I missed most of the game. Do I understand correctly, they actually called an embellishment penalty on the Habs????
Yeah.

It's up above in Camfan's gif. :laugh:

5 mins later Subban took a routine shoulder check from Poo, Subban dove, and they were sucked in again. So, when the habs are punished for diving, they just dive harder, and still get calls.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I missed most of the game. Do I understand correctly, they actually called an embellishment penalty on the Habs????

Even better, it was the only call on the play. Not the usual trip on one guy and embellishment on the guy he tripped.

Flat out, straight up, embellishment on Plekanec.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Even better, it was the only call on the play. Not the usual trip on one guy and embellishment on the guy he tripped.

Flat out, straight up, embellishment on Plekanec.

Now if only they'd keep on calling it. But we've seen how this plays out: Game with a bunch of diving and nothing called, next game call one, the end.

Killer Bees

May 26, 2013
Ohio sticks
I almost hope they comeback and get destroyed by the Kings. I enjoy the King's style and would love to see what they'd do to the Scabs

Plus, it'd be more heartbreaking to lose in the SCF than the ECF.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
I almost hope they comeback and get destroyed by the Kings. I enjoy the King's style and would love to see what they'd do to the Scabs

Plus, it'd be more heartbreaking to lose in the SCF than the ECF.

No way I want these fakers and divers gone now... can't stand watching a hockey game played like this total b.s

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Well at least they are not winning the cup. They can't luck themselves into winning a series against the kings. Maybe the hawks, but definitely not the kings.

Rangers aren't going to the finals. Never thought they were. Hoped they were, but I said that they would lose to Montreal before way before the series even started. Now it looks like that prediction is coming true. How sick is it.. that Montreal will get to the finals on a backup goalie? You gotta think that somewhere their luck runs dry... but it's been running in full gear for all 3 rounds and doesn't look to be slowing down - Habs in 7. Sucks, but that's what it will be.

Only hope is that L.A. will be the ones to flatten them. L.A. came back from 3-0, so it really looks like they'll be the ones to go to the finals.

What are the comparisons between Montreal/L.A.? From an outsider's perspective, it looks like the Kings should be able to ruin them in 4 straight. Is that about right, or can Montreal continue to ride this wave of luck all the way to the cup?

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
The Habs are an absolute disgrace.

I mean as fans we are all guilty of unjustly vilifying our rivals to some degree. I hate the Yankees for instance, with a passion, but even though I would never admit it to my Yankee fan friends, I do have to give them credit for what they have accomplished. Sure they have had their share of dirtbags and cheats, but what team hasn't?

The Habs on the other hand.......it's like very time I think they've bottomed out in regard to classlessness, or gutless play, they find a new low.

A while back in the "Hab Hating" post, someone mentioned that they got to a point where they pitied Komisarek more than they hated him, until his last act as a Hab was cross checking Looch in the throat.

How many times can you dive or embellish? How many times can you start a scrap, turtle until the linesmen get in the middle, then mouth off to the guy who was seconds away from breaking your jaw? How many times can you hold, slash, cross check without getting called and then act surprised when they finally call you.

There is almost nothing that could happen to that team that would make me feel sorry for them. I hope they lose either 8-0 or in 5 over times in game 6, just to either embarrass them or make the loss as excruciating as possible.

In my opinion, the Habs play a spoof of hockey, a theater presentation. Some of their players (Plekanic, Markov, Subban) have missed their calling, because clearly, Drama is something they should have majored in, because they all excel at it.

Absolutely disgraceful the way that they play. How can Habs fans truly defend this team? Seriously? I would be so embarrassed if our players did what Plekanic and Markov do, snapping their heads back when no one's stick is even near them. Markov almost took of Marchand's head from the back, and Marchand got a penalty! :help:

Disgusting. Come on, Habs fans, you've had far more classier and hard working players than this in the past, how can you justify this as hockey? I can't picture LeFleur ever lowering himself to such antics. Carbonneau, Cornoyer, so many great players who would never do such things, won fair and square- while I might have hated them in the name of a rivalry, I always respected these guys. Camilleri and Lang were recent players I respected, there's a few from the past, even recent, but this team you have now, is just awful. This isn't hockey, it's a mockery of the game, and it can't be defended, sorry.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
In my opinion, the Habs play a spoof of hockey, a theater presentation. Some of their players (Plekanic, Markov, Subban) have missed their calling, because clearly, Drama is something they should have majored in, because they all excel at it.

Absolutely disgraceful the way that they play. How can Habs fans truly defend this team? Seriously? I would be so embarrassed if our players did what Plekanic and Markov do, snapping their heads back when no one's stick is even near them. Markov almost took of Marchand's head from the back, and Marchand got a penalty! :help:

Disgusting. Come on, Habs fans, you've had far more classier and hard working players than this in the past, how can you justify this as hockey? I can't picture LeFleur ever lowering himself to such antics. Carbonneau, Cornoyer, so many great players who would never do such things, won fair and square- while I might have hated them in the name of a rivalry, I always respected these guys. Camilleri and Lang were recent players I respected, there's a few from the past, even recent, but this team you have now, is just awful. This isn't hockey, it's a mockery of the game, and it can't be defended, sorry.

Just watch the Markov dive at 2:00. We need a gif of that one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad