GDT: Out of Town Playoff Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Isn't it amazing how many times McDonagh is on the ice when the other team scores a big goal, late?

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
I think in Johnson's case it was pretty much just his size that was holding him back, wasn't it? Which I have always thought was kind of silly....if you have a guy who has put up points at every single level (and doesn't have any glaring weakness like skating)...then I don't care how big you are.

Johnson did not put up big numbers in junior until he was an over ager...plus he was outscored 3 years in a row at Spokane by Mitch Wahl.

Not hard to see why he was passed over in 4 drafts in a row.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
I'm getting ticked off watching Tampa Bay piss away this opportunity. I'm not even a Tampa Bay fan. This game sucks. The West is going to roll over these guys.

Five goals, and it still goes to ******* overtime. I just can't fathom what the **** is going on behind the blue line.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Hawks and Ducks in 3OT with dead legs wanting to vomit were playing stronger hockey than either of these teams.

I know anything can happen in a series but somethings really gonna have to go wrong for either of these teams to beat either of those.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Johnson did not put up big numbers in junior until he was an over ager...plus he was outscored 3 years in a row at Spokane by Mitch Wahl.

Not hard to see why he was passed over in 4 drafts in a row.

He was a PPG player both years prior to his overage year. Obviously not 115 points like he put up in his last year, but still not something to scoff at. I am sure there were a bunch of players drafted who had worse junior numbers. He had also played in two WJCs as well.

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Both teams play the Wild West run and gun that some Bs fans want the Bruins to play :laugh: this is a Dallas game basically.

You think? I don't see this game as being wide open. I just see poor coverage and horrible decision making resulting in bad goals.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
He was a PPG player both years prior to his overage year. Obviously not 115 points like he put up in his last year, but still not something to scoff at. I am sure there were a bunch of players drafted who had worse junior numbers. He had also played in two WJCs as well.

There were roughly 40 players at/over a point a game in the the WHL in EACH of the 2 seasons prior to his overage year...so, again...Johnson was not really that impressive (statistically).

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I dunno, you can't really say that the West will easily crush the East. Tampa beat Anaheim is both games this season (scoring 9 goals), and won one + lost one in OT to the Blackhawks. I know it's just regular season hockey but there's a psychological effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad