GDT: Out of Town Playoff Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Tampa will be steam-rolled by the Caps, hard to believe that the Habs have clearly outplayed them in three of the 4 games, Habs rarely outplay anyone, winning only because of Price. Consider me very unimpressed with Tampa despite a pretty darn talented roster.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Good that they have been able to score a few, give them some energy for next game.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Blowout, guys smacking each other w/ their sticks, no intention of backing it up.

There was a time when games like this were still fun to watch, not so much anymore. But if you want less fighting, get used to the cheap stuff, and dudes like Weise acting tough.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
that goal was probably rask's fault.

Rask is decidedly average, and we saw this year just how valuable his $7 million per year is in front of an average team. :shakehead

Dubynk is playing much better than he did, at a discount. So, if I'm GM, I'm not taking any goalies in the first round. I'm trading for one and building a good defense.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Rask is decidedly average, and we saw this year just how valuable his $7 million per year is in front of an average team. :shakehead

Dubynk is playing much better than he did, at a discount. So, if I'm GM, I'm not taking any goalies in the first round. I'm trading for one and building a good defense.

tumblr_n7perjHSbC1qhpcy8o2_250.jpg

Only reason we even had a chance of making the playoffs this year.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Did you leave them copies of your trade proposals at your GM interview? Hope you left your cell number at the bottom in case they need a hand this summer.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
Have you noticed how the NHL keeps changing the rules to allow more scoring? There's a reason for that.
http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/stats.html

So, either a bunch of Patrick Roy's flooded the NHL, or maybe we just have so much goalie parity that the value of the position isn't what it once was.

From that conclusion, we can only marvel at Rask's payday. What a waste of money.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
yeah. a bunch of patrick roys did invade the nhl in the form of defensemen who are blocking 79 shots a game now, bringing the quality of scoring chances down.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Have you noticed how the NHL keeps changing the rules to allow more scoring? There's a reason for that.
http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/stats.html

So, either a bunch of Patrick Roy's flooded the NHL, or maybe we just have so much goalie parity that the value of the position isn't what it once was.

From that conclusion, we can only marvel at Rask's payday. What a waste of money.

We? Maybe you, but not most of us.

If Tampa sends Montreal packing, I honestly can see them getting crushed by the Caps (given that they move on). Tampa, as good as they have been against Montreal aside from tonight, don't look like that great of a team.

And Bishop is nothing to be afraid of.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If Rask had any commitment to his team he'd get morbidly obese in the off season and at least take up more of the net so we'd get our money's worth of this guy. Could probably pay a fat guy minimum to wave his arms and legs around in there to be honest. Probably tire out quickly though.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
If Rask had any commitment to his team he'd get morbidly obese in the off season and at least take up more of the net so we'd get our money's worth of this guy. Could probably pay a fat guy minimum to wave his arms and legs around in there to be honest. Probably tire out quickly though.

just needs to switch his gear to CCM so he can have oversized everything like Carey Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce