GDT: Out of Town Playoff Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I dunno, you can't really say that the West will easily crush the East. Tampa beat Anaheim is both games this season (scoring 9 goals), and won one + lost one in OT to the Blackhawks. I know it's just regular season hockey but there's a psychological effect

The way Tampa plays on offense and with solid goaltending they can beat anyone, it might be 5-4 6-5 but it's fun and still winning

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Edit: double post (reached an error page when posting initially, but it still got through)

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Yeah, neither goalie has even been particularly bad in any of the three games so far, yet they have dropped off significantly statistically from previous series. Most goals have been bad defence or just really good finishes with screens. The 3-2 goal was craptacular. A d-man in Hedman has Palat wide open, and Johnson is wide open as well in front of the net, the Rangers D just half-arsedly try to put their sticks in the way. Should make for some more fun games, and a back-and-forth series. Still prefer Tampa beating Ducks in the finals, and they'd have a decent shot.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Never understood the hype on this guy, I loved it when he was on the ice during the Bruin/Ranger series

He's top pairing, but a #2. Not a bonafide #1 stud most think

To me, it's his hockey sense - or lack thereof. Just seems to make the wrong decision too frequently at important times.

He was on the ice for TB's 5th and 6th goals last night. Was pretty much the reason that the Caps scored a game winner with a second or so left in a game (3?) last series and IIRC, was burned by Bergeron and Marchand twice in the 13 playoffs for late goals/gamewinners, on very similar plays.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
To me, it's his hockey sense - or lack thereof. Just seems to make the wrong decision too frequently at important times.

He was on the ice for TB's 5th and 6th goals last night. Was pretty much the reason that the Caps scored a game winner with a second or so left in a game (3?) last series and IIRC, was burned by Bergeron and Marchand twice in the 13 playoffs for late goals/gamewinners, on very similar plays.

And yet...he's averaging the most time on ice for a team that's 3 games away from making their 2nd straight Stanley Cup Final. I honestly think you all are being way too nitpicky. It's like with Chara. It's easier to point out the mistakes he makes because he rarely ever makes them.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Don't care who wins the East, but it's funny how many Montreal fans were saying how pissed they were to lose to a team that would get "slaughtered" this round.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
And yet...he's averaging the most time on ice for a team that's 3 games away from making their 2nd straight Stanley Cup Final. I honestly think you all are being way too nitpicky. It's like with Chara. It's easier to point out the mistakes he makes because he rarely ever makes them.

Every team has to have guys to be their #1, 2, 3 etc.

For my money he's not good enough to be a #1 on a cup winner.

Far more likely to cost his team at crunch time than he is to do something to make them win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad