GDT: Out of Town Playoff Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Dreger just reported on TSN That's Hockey Kronwall has been suspended 1 game for his hit on Kucherov.

A fair decision considering:

It's a Game 7 he is missing

The refs missed the call in which he should of gotten 5 min major and a game misconduct.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Dreger just reported on TSN That's Hockey Kronwall has been suspended 1 game for his hit on Kucherov.

A fair decision considering:

It's a Game 7 he is missing

The refs missed the call in which he should of gotten 5 min major and a game misconduct.

Good. As exciting as a good "Kronwalling" is, he makes a lot of bad hits that really ought to be penalized. He needs to be held accountable just like anyone else.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Good. As exciting as a good "Kronwalling" is, he makes a lot of bad hits that really ought to be penalized. He needs to be held accountable just like anyone else.

IMO he and Orpik are two players that play right at the border and often have more predatory than clean hits. Often the hits are very borderline to over the line but they rarely get called.

One thing I've always liked about Boychuk is he doesn't look for big hits, takes them when they're there but could teach a clinic on how to hit clean. Kronwall and Orpik should be the first two players signed up for the clinic.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
A lot of suspension-worthy actions have gone unpunished this playoffs, so if I were a Red Wings fan I'd probably be livid (or if we were in a similar situation and lost... whoever our best/second best D-man this year was... Krug? McQuaid? :laugh: :cry:), but in a vacuum, a game is fine. One skate left the ice before contact, and even though Kucherov was really low and would've had his head done in even if the skate hadn't left the ice, I'd still agree with one game. Much more serious actions have gone unpunished, though.

ThorntonFightClub*

Apr 21, 2015
Providence, RI
A lot of suspension-worthy actions have gone unpunished this playoffs, so if I were a Red Wings fan I'd probably be livid (or if we were in a similar situation and lost... whoever our best/second best D-man this year was... Krug? McQuaid? :laugh: :cry:), but in a vacuum, a game is fine. One skate left the ice before contact, and even though Kucherov was really low and would've had his head done in even if the skate hadn't left the ice, I'd still agree with one game. Much more serious actions have gone unpunished, though.

Leaving his feet didn't factor in to me.

This was a clothesline. Not as vicious as McLaren on Zednik, but in that category of hit

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
I second that.

Priority # 1 is knocking those little ******** out.

**** the Habs!

I'd love to see the Habs leading late in game 7, get a TMMOI penalty, leading to the tying goal. Then they lose after 40 seconds of overtime. No wait, that type of thing only happens to the Bruins.:D

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'd love to see the Habs leading late in game 7, get a TMMOI penalty, leading to the tying goal. Then they lose after 40 seconds of overtime. No wait, that type of thing only happens to the Bruins.:D

Not me...I'd like to see them swept in 4 games.
Outscored 11 million to zero.
Their wives all cycle at the same time.
The IRS audit them.
Their daughters get caught skyping Tyler Seguin.
And their dogs **** on every carpet in their house.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Not me...I'd like to see them swept in 4 games.
Outscored 11 million to zero.
Their wives all cycle at the same time.
The IRS audit them.
Their daughters get caught skyping Tyler Seguin.
And their dogs **** on every carpet in their house.

Make that "daughters and wives! :naughty:

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Tampa finally woke up in Game 6, I think they run the Wings out of the rink tonight.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
What's funny is, had the ref been on the other side of the net and correctly kept his whistle quiet when the puck was obviously still loose, we may have ended up with an Ottawa win.

Then the media would be talking about Price's lack of rebound control on that play and his getting shellacked the previous game. It'd be a whole different narrative. And if they'd gone to lose the series, the talk would be: "Is the Price era over in Montreal?"

So much superficial narrative, and so little balanced perspective.
This is a stretch. Price won the Jennings, is in the running for the Hart and Vezina. Even if he did play bad, it's not like they would get rid of him. He's their best player by miles. Not only that, but replace him with who? Tokarski?

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I ****ing hate Detroit

They are a bunch of whining babies who constantly get favored by the refs. The amount of interference and holding they get away with is ridiculous.

Tampa is obnoxious as well but I can stomach them...at least more than Detroit or Montreal.

Detroit v. Montreal is my nightmare...two least favorite teams in the league. The only positive is one of them would have to lose.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Although watching each side freak out about each other's diving and the reffing would be quite amusing I don't think there's any way Price loses a goaltending duel to the 23 year old league mimimum Mrazek.

I don't know what the hell is with Tampa lately but they have the better chance of regrouping and getting it together for the next series, IMO. I think they have a higher potential of winning against the Habs so I'm pulling for them to make it.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

I thought if Byfuglien got off for dumping Perry 5 minutes after he scored then Kronwall would get off. Glad he didn't, the amount of times he puts on late hits or interference that is non called because its Kronwall is stupid.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
This game could go 7 periods at 0-0.

No established zone time, no one resistance in the neutral zone, no finish.

It's like they're doing laps back & forth with occasional cheap shots mixed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad