GDT: Out of Town Playoff Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Could you imagine Boston's 4th line scoring the game tying goal late in the 3rd period and then the OT goal in a playoff game?? The thought of that ever happening is so ridiculous.

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
Very disappointed in Ottawa...... We're terrible and they have our number and I think we could have made it a closer series......

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
**** this ****. Dejavu from last year. Game in Ottawa? No problem, refs will give 3x as many pp to Montreal. I guess the didn't do anything to get a penalty lol. I blame lucic for this, Weiss was supposed to be dead. How does this gross hab team keep winning? They suck.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Very disappointed in Ottawa...... We're terrible and they have our number and I think we could have made it a closer series......

Sorry but this is just kind of silly. This is like saying we bombed the penguins a couple years back. Three one goal games , 2 overtimes not to mention both OT goals were kind of sub par no matter how good the goalie was earlier. This series is only not close in one way--wins.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The habs are so lucky and annoying, they make me nauseous.

They bring out the worst in some players....and fans.

That perfectly timed hit by Karlsson on Beaulieu in the 2nd was a thing of beauty, but unfortunately the scoreboard is all that matters, and the Sens are in deep trouble now.

Last edited:

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
As long as habs have pleckanic and desharnais as there number one and two centres they will never win the cup. Come on sign them for another 5 years each.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
What amazes me most about desharnais is how fast he can come out before the game at the bell centre with torch in hand light the ice leave then come back and be ready to start the games opening face off!

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
One different bounce each game and the Sens are up 3-0... If they won tonight they would have had a good shot at winning the series. Shame.

But they didn't/couldn't do it for the third time in a row. Once may be attributed to chance, but thrice amounts to failure to achieve. In tonight's game the Habs had 49 shots on goal. It could easily been over in regulation time, and by a much bigger margin.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
But they didn't/couldn't do it for the third time in a row. Once may be attributed to chance, but thrice amounts to failure to achieve. In tonight's game the Habs had 49 shots on goal. It could easily been over in regulation time, and by a much bigger margin.

I like how you're using shot differential as a measurement of... anything at all really. You must've missed where Montreal was one of the worst teams in the league in that statistic during the season. Should amount to failure to achieve.

Last edited:

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Although we all hate the Habs, you have to appreciate how well they can control the game. They work hard at keeping their opponents outside and lure them into attempting passes across the zone. This leads to the quick transition game the Habs prefer.

Watching Ottawa mimic the Bruins against the Habs is depressing. It's as if Ottowa studied Boston's losses and now they are doomed to the same result. Too many cute passes in traffic, failure to shoot when a chance is available, not attacking the middle of the Habs' defense, and most annoying, too many weak shots from the points.

Ottawa needs to assert their game style on Montreal and maybe they can win a couple games in a row. Then the series will get real interesting.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I like how you're using shot differential as a measurement of... anything at all really. You must've missed where Montreal was one of the worst teams in the league in that statistic during the season. Should amount to failure to achieve.
I can't disagree entirely but you have to consider that Anderson was playing well. If he hadn't the game would have been a rout. Also, the Senators couldn't have been playing well if they allowed so many shots to a team that is usually poor in that statistic. Montreal may not be a great team but they're better than the Senators and they have a very good goaltender. They also made some good trades at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad