GDT: Out of Town NHL Thread Part II‎I

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
http://theleafsnation.com/2014/11/18/lfr8-game-19-nope-nsh-9-tor-2

The best part of the Maple Leafs embarrassing loss last night is this video by Steve Dangle, it is gold, well worth the three minutes. Love the Gollum impression at the end. 'Precious has been waiting since 1967!'

This was funny.

Leads fans have really been screwed for almost 50 years. The closest they've been to the precious for a long time was taking Boston to 7 games in round 1.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun 5m

Leafs put Matt Frattin on waivers; Red Wings place Andrej Nestrasil on waivers as well

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Was at the Isles/Bolts game last night. I was surprisingly unimpressed by the Bolts, but I'm gonna chalk it up to it being their second game of a back-to-back, though.

The Islanders, on the other hand... that's a damn exciting team to watch

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Thus, I'd also prefer him over Gagne.

I see Gagne as Pandolfo part II.

At this point I would rather almost anyone over Gagne.

Saw the announcement about Dupuis-that is pretty scary for him. Hopefully he heals up well and is able to return to hockey. Hate the Pens but I hate to see any player sick or injured.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I bet some players will play in the olympics anyways.

I bet Ovie plays anyway and he probably isn't the only one. I figure European players are the most likely to play anyway mostly because I think the North American Olympic federations won't encourage NHL players to play.

I think the Olympics should move to an upper age limit kind of like soccer does in the Olympics. Make a cut off age at 23 and then it mostly becomes moot for the NHL and it won't be a matter of sending college and junior kids to play against experienced men from Europe.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I bet most wont.
First theyll be suspended for breach of contract plus whatever else in fines.

Thats big, big money for these players.

Second, if they get injured they will be on their own insurance wise and most likely can have their contract voided.

I think at the least it will be interesting .

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Right there is what you'd expect a line w/ St.Louis and Nash to look like.

That was sweeeet.

Oil and Nucks up and down track meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad