GDT: Out of Town NHL Thread Part II‎I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Hahahaha one of the reporters just asked Phaneuf why he gets caught standing still so often.

I'd blow it up and go after McDavid. This is their chance to get a franchise player in a major market, and load up in a deep draft.

As much as I like Burke, they hitched their wagon to the wrong horses.

Lucic Krejci Kessel!! :laugh: Phil -- "Yeah, I don't know...it's good to be back I guess, and stuff. *awkward silence*"

Sports net ripping that team apart. Glad NHL net covers it.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'd blow it up and go after McDavid. This is their chance to get a franchise player in a major market, and load up in a deep draft.

As much as I like Burke, they hitched their wagon to the wrong horses.

Lucic Krejci Kessel!! :laugh: Phil -- "Yeah, I don't know...it's good to be back I guess, and stuff. *awkward silence*"

Sports net ripping that team apart. Glad NHL net covers it.

It's a deep draft, good year to be a bad team.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
solid rebound game on home ice from the Leafs, course, I should be careful, our boys didn`t exactly rebound with a solid effort after getting pounded by the Buds themselves but at the very least, it wasn`t on home ice:)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Wow anyone think theres a chance Carlye gets canned tonight

Not sure about this soon but I bet he gets canned by the end of the season if the Leafs stay out of the play off picture.

I just love it when the Bruins win and the Habs and Leafs lose. Leafs got slaughtered and the Habs pretty close.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Irresponsible not to ask. You know I hate Steve Simmons, but that has to be asked.

It's a dumb, lazy question, sorry. There is only one response, and he could have written it without asking.

That's the sort of moronic question that makes players hate the media, and as a longtime journalist, I find that sort of thing frankly embarrassing.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
It's a dumb, lazy question, sorry. There is only one response, and he could have written it without asking.

That's the sort of moronic question that makes players hate the media, and as a longtime journalist, I find that sort of thing frankly embarrassing.

Totally disagree. No need to go beyond that I guess.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
The media up there is brutal.

The Leafs play the high risk + high reward hockey. They are fun to watch but in the end they're just an average team.

They aren't even in that bad of a position and it's not the players' fault that they haven't had good centers since Sundin was there.

The question of trying to get the coach fired is mean-spirited. The answer to the question is guaranteed to be "no" and will just stir up controversy, which is what the media want.

Anyway, sometimes I like to laugh at the Leafs when they stink and make the Bruins look good by comparison, but I used to cheer for them in the playoffs around 99-2000 when the Bruins weren't doing anything.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Seguin trade is worse because the Bruins gave up a superior player Seguin > Forsberg and the main cog of the trade (Eriksson) value has gone down significantly since he got here.

We got 4 players. People on here will say that whoever gets the best player wins the trade, and that may be so, but all 4 players are on our roster currently and that's worth something. Meanwhile, Washington got a non-productive Erat on a loan. Loui alone had a much superior season to Erat's last year (two concussions notwithstanding), add in Smith, Fraser and Morrow (who looks really good so far in that role) and that in comparison to Erat more than makes up for the difference between Seguin, Peverley + Button and Filip Forsberg.

Also take into account that we would've had to buy out Kelly to keep Pevs and Seguin, have Seguin centre the third line and probably never see Carl get the same kind of breakthrough he got (let alone see Seguin produce like he does in Dallas). And even with Raptor Jesus as an RW, we'd still need to get... what, two top 6 RW's after Horton leaves? Sign Iggy to a bonus-laden deal again, pick someone else up, then have Peverley (probably) go through that tragic event and you're still down your third line RW, in cap hell, and have Seguin centering a tumultuous third line (not that it would be a third line, really) in Boston with... Spooner (or Söderberg if he sticks on the LW) and Griffith? Do Iggy and/or Boychuk stay this season after all that? I don't know, cba to do the cap calculating and what have you, but it's not really as easy as looking at Loui's production and Seguin's and declare it the worst deal ever.

Did Dallas benefit more from the trade than Boston did? Most likely. Would Boston necessarily have been better off having not made the deal? Not so sure.

member 96824

It was a dumb deal...and Erat was the main cog, but he wasn't the only thing that came back in that deal...

Doesn't seem very honest to include what Fraser and Morrow have provided but leave out Latta who's been good in his 4th line role with them.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
It was a dumb deal...and Erat was the main cog, but he wasn't the only thing that came back in that deal...

Doesn't seem very honest to include what Fraser and Morrow have provided but leave out Latta who's been good in his 4th line role with them.

Genuinely forgot about Latta. Just add his name at the appropriate place in my post and it still holds true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad