GDT: Out of town GDT for scoreboard watching: Boo the Isles and Panthers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Gotta get new ownership first.

The dude was a bum, four consecutive 1st round exits deep, and they extended him two years before his current deal was even up. They fawn over the guy so hard they couldn't even take the 0.1% risk he would walk, they *HAD* to lock him up. :laugh:

This franchise is doomed.
Owners have the money for this, they should just nuke them.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
The general consensus after that second cup was everything that came after was gravy. The legacy was cemented after 2 cups, 3 was the cherry on top.

But it still feels like so much was left on the table despite all that.
I think it’s mainly because of how it’s ending. If Crosby and Malkin started to decline due to age, I think as a fanbase we’d all sort of shrug our shoulders and accept that Father Time is undefeated. Except that isn’t the case.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Owners have the money for this, they should just nuke them.

Playoff revenue is off the table this season and potentially for the next 10 years or so. The team's already been having trouble selling out the arena for a while, and it's only gonna get worse and ultimately crater when the era finally ends. I doubt they're gonna light like $25 million by canning Sullivan.

And they f***ing worship the guy, so the whole "fire the coach" thing won't even reach the first stage, which is ownership realizing he's a huge problem.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Playoff revenue is off the table this season and potentially for the next 10 years or so. The team's already been having trouble selling out the arena for a while, and it's only gonna get worse and ultimately crater when the era finally ends. I doubt they're gonna light like $25 million by canning Sullivan.

And they f***ing worship the guy, so the whole "fire the coach" thing won't even reach the first stage, which is ownership realizing he's a huge problem.
Then don't do anything.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Then don't do anything.
Why? The scouting department has been f***-awful at finding guys in the draft or targets via trade/FA for years. The FO has taken the shitshow left by JR and compounded the problems. To act like Sullivan or Jarry are the only problems is f***ing donkeybrains shit. :laugh:

The correct avenue is to go scorched earth on everything, but taking into account Sully is realistically not going anywhere for multiple reasons, you still make the other changes. It's not a do all or do nothing, that's so f***ing dumb.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Why? The scouting department has been f***-awful at finding guys in the draft or targets via trade/FA for years. The FO has taken the shitshow left by JR and compounded the problems. To act like Sullivan or Jarry are the only problems is f***ing donkeybrains shit. :laugh:

The correct avenue is to go scorched earth on everything, but taking into account Sully is realistically not going anywhere for multiple reasons, you still make the other changes. It's not a do all or do nothing, that's so f***ing dumb.
If we are keeping the guy that refuses to coach it wont matter who we bring in new, he will still go back to his old ways. What's dumb is keeping Sullivan, he's not the person that fans come here to watch so he should not be above the team.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If we are keeping the guy that refuses to coach it wont matter who we bring in new, he will still go back to his old ways. What's dumb is keeping Sullivan, he's not the person that fans come here to watch so he should not be above the team.
No, what's dumb is saying "well we aren't gonna fix everything, so let's fix nothing."

Everybody around here, save for a couple bootlickers, wants Sullivan fired. The people who matter, ownership, probably do not. So focus your attention elsewhere. At best, this team's a 1st round exit ad infinitum until Sid hangs 'em up. Bringing in an entirely new FO and coaching staff is great, but you still have like 10 roster spots to sort out between the bottom-6, goalie tandem, a winger for Geno, and depth on the blueline.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
As the gm you just pull a bean from money ball dump whatever old guys you can fir whatever and make him have to play the young guys

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
On a positive note.... They can't squeak bye on calling this a playoffs.:laugh:
Lol "we only missed by 1pt, congrats on the 17th straight post season!"

So many are so legit mad and I'm kind of just laughing. I want to hope this sparks the right change. But it'll just spark change to say the team is doing something but won't do the thing they should do.

So let go of the anger. You have a full 82 games next season to build it back up.

Reactions: Gurglesons

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Fam... :puppy:

hug-bring-it-in.gif

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Hopefully a lottery win. We can't get Bedard because of the changes of only moving 10 spots, but jumping to 3rd or 4th overall would still be very good.
I want a lottery jump just for the howling about the league being ~rigged~ for the Pens.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
* Lost to Montreal
Now you wankers admit it?

Gaslighting my ass when I did it.

Who's going to fire Sully?

Gotta fire Hextall first!
Firing Sully first is the move. Hextall would be someone I would sit down with in the summer to see who he feels the best coach candidates are and the plan. If it sucks, bye.

Sullivan should be fired the day after the Jackets game.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Everything would have been different had we acquired Tanner Jeannot
Yeah then Sullivan would pair him with Heinen and poor Poehling would have to magically make that work.

Also did you see what Tampa gave up? You have to beat that first and a lottery protected first and a former high pick? Lol yeah I'd love to see how you lot would bitch about that one too.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Yeah then Sullivan would pair him with Heinen and poor Poehling would have to magically make that work.

Also did you see what Tampa gave up? You have to beat that first and a lottery protected first and a former high pick? Lol yeah I'd love to see how you lot would bitch about that one too.
I think "The GM" was joking.

Now you wankers admit it?

Gaslighting my ass when I did it.

Firing Sully first is the move. Hextall would be someone I would sit down with in the summer to see who he feels the best coach candidates are and the plan. If it sucks, bye.

Sullivan should be fired the day after the Jackets game.
I do not want to sit down with Hextall. Didn't FSG already ask him for a written plan and he couldn't put one together? Said it was in his head?

He needs to be kicked to the moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad