Out of Our Town Playoffs Continued VIII - Eastern/Western Conference Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
The Blues got my hopes up when they finally slayed their first round dragon and Chicago, at the same time.

But here we go again :(

I really hate following year to year narratives, but my confidence in them is rock bottom in another game 7.

Just gonna hope the Stars go ahead and Stars the hell out of this game.
I mean, they nearly let goddamned Minnesota back into it down 3+ goals, so....

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rinne is no good

Go to the main board and try convincing people that. He's seen as elite because of his play from 08-12 and his one off bounceback season last year.

This year, he's back to looking like the twilight era Marty, who most fans and media did not consider elite anymore.

Even though both goals were fluky tonight, but he's allowed a few poor ones this round. And quite a few in the first round against Anaheim.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
The Blues have way too much offensive talent to play the way that they do in the offensive zone.

Hitch is the wrong fit for the way this team is assembled right now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Blues have way too much offensive talent to play the way that they do in the offensive zone.

Hitch is the wrong fit for the way this team is assembled right now.

I think Hitch is just a dinosaur near the end of his coaching lifespan at this point.

He's gotta be the oldest head coach in the league right now. I keep thinking Sutter is late 60's, but he's really only 57. God he looks old.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Of course we go into intermission of both games at the same time... ****ing ********.

Of course...they think fans actually want to see the talking heads as opposed to the game. Or are trying to force fans to watch the talking heads :P

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Sharks meltdown is real.

It would be very Sharks-like to lose this game and then win in game 7.

Just like when they looked to be cruising to the conference finals in 2011, then blew a 3-0 series lead to Detroit and won in game 7.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Of course...they think fans actually want to see the talking heads as opposed to the game. Or are trying to force fans to watch the talking heads :P

Meanwhile, I've been catching both games by flipping from the Blues to the Sharks whenever I think Pierre's about to open his mouth in St. Louis.

If I never had to know another one of Pierre's, Milbury's or Roenick's irrelevant hockey opinions ever again... I'd be the happiest hockey fan alive.
Let's throw Olczyk in there, as well.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
The Sharks meltdown is real.

It would be very Sharks-like to lose this game and then win in game 7.

Just like when they looked to be cruising to the conference finals in 2011, then blew a 3-0 series lead to Detroit and won in game 7.

if the sharks and caps meet in the final……

do both teams lose?

or does nobody win……ever ……for eternity…...

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Bouwmeester looks so freaking stupid with his visor tilted all the way up, its not covering anything so why even bother wearing one!?

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
What is it that the Blues do where such a large percentage of their shots wind up back out at center ice?

Did they sign Rolston without my knowledge?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
if the sharks and caps meet in the final……

do both teams lose?

or does nobody win……ever ……for eternity…...

I'd be surprised if either of those teams were in the SCF this year.

This smells like St Louis comes back to win, and the Sharks lose and have to play a game 7. Which means they're screwed either way.

Closing out this series has been a bigger chore for the Sharks than the Devils closing out Carolina in 01.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I'd be surprised if either of those teams were in the SCF this year.

This smells like St Louis comes back to win, and the Sharks lose and have to play a game 7. Which means they're screwed either way.

Closing out this series has been a bigger chore for the Sharks than the Devils closing out Carolina in 01.

Opposite to me.
This game reeks of a late game back breaking goal by Dallas to me.
Really hope I'm wrong about that.

And I think the Sharks close it out tonight.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Patrick Roy has done one thing right in the entirety of his NHL coaching career, and that's not hesitating to pull the damn goalie.

Dallas can't defend for **** right now, get another skater out there and tie this up quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad