Out of Our Town Playoffs Continued VII - Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Pavelski is one of my favorites. Love his game.

Pulling for Nashville for the sake of my bracket challenge but would not mind seeing San Jose win the whole thing.

Camille the Eel

I don't want STL winning it

But does Marty get his name on the cup if St. Louis wins? Certainly the coaches and G.M. and owners do get on the cup but how many front office guys, I don't know.

Pulling for Marty is a good reason to pull for St. Louis.

San Jose looks vulnerable to a fore check. Nashville is exposing that. St. Louis is deeper on defense than the Sharks are. the Sharks goal tending is however better than St. Louis. So let's see - if that's the match up.

If it's Pitt vs. Tampa in the east - expect a very close series. Stamkos back skating by the way or so they say.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Said it before and I'll say it again, Tampa doesn't need Stamkos, especially with how good Drouin looks

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
They said we won't let "Tavares" beat us. (Unlike Florida). And if you take him away, you take away the Islanders. Then Greiss decided to come back to earth.

Aside from their 4th line the Islanders are really underwhelming up front.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Greiss sucks, half their defense is underwhelming, and Brock Nelson, Frans Nielsen, and Nikolay Kulemin have gone incognito.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Got home just in time to turn on the game and see the NYB sent home after the handshake line. Good ****in riddance.

This makes the Panthers look all the more embarrassing.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pulling for Marty is a good reason to pull for St. Louis.

I could care less about Marty as a managerial person. Those cups he won as a player mean more to me.

I'm not saying he's dead to me and I don't care about him, I'm just not gonna root for them because of him.

If he was the actual GM of the team or in a bigger role than assistant GM, I'd probably be more into rooting for them.

Camille the Eel

For Tampa Bay, that's the way you put a team away. That game was the model of how to close someone out in a series. They looked like L.A. the year they beat us. The Isles knew they were beaten after overtime in game 4, or so it looked. Tampa didn't let them un-know it.

The Isles are about three guys away from beings serious contenders. At least one really creative defenseman, someone who can give you 40 or 50 points from the back end. And maybe two forwards to complement Tavares and give them some balance.

But with the cap and free agency this summer (Okposo, Martin, Nielsen unrestricted) maybe they are going to go in the other direction. It will be hard for them to sign all three.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I could care less about Marty as a managerial person. Those cups he won as a player mean more to me.

I'm not saying he's dead to me and I don't care about him, I'm just not gonna root for them because of him.

If he was the actual GM of the team or in a bigger role than assistant GM, I'd probably be more into rooting for them.

Yeah, agreed. I kind of feel that way about Larry with the Sharks, as much as I like him I'm not rooting for them because he's still in a tertiary role. My attachment to him winning would be more if he was still behind the bench as an assistant at least.

For Tampa Bay, that's the way you put a team away. That game was the model of how to close someone out in a series. They looked like L.A. the year they beat us. The Isles knew they were beaten after overtime in game 4, or so it looked. Tampa didn't let them un-know it.

The Isles are about three guys away from beings serious contenders. At least one really creative defenseman, someone who can give you 40 or 50 points from the back end. And maybe two forwards to complement Tavares and give them some balance.

But with the cap and free agency this summer (Okposo, Martin, Nielsen unrestricted) maybe they are going to go in the other direction. It will be hard for them to sign all three.

Plus the Hamonic situation has to resolve itself, I can't imagine he's dropped his trade request at this point.

Said it before and I'll say it again, Tampa doesn't need Stamkos, especially with how good Drouin looks

They don't need him to beat average to slightly above average teams but they're taking two steps up in class the next series from either of their first two rounds, let's see how that one goes.

I do like Tampa though, they have a lot of KC Royals in them in that they're not one of the sexy markets and continually get dissed by the prognosticators but know how to win.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Dallas makes it past this round, that would be the worst goaltended team in the conference finals in I don't remember how long.

Even the crappy goaltenders that make deep playoffs runs are somehow able to manage to at least put together a big run and masquerade as good for a couple rounds.

Even crappy Michael Leighton managed to look good for 2 or 3 rounds.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, agreed. I kind of feel that way about Larry with the Sharks, as much as I like him I'm not rooting for them because he's still in a tertiary role. My attachment to him winning would be more if he was still behind the bench as an assistant at least.

Don't get me wrong, if Marty were playing there then I'd definitely root for him. Even if he were GM or in a coaching role maybe even. Even though I hope he doesn't end up in a GM spot anytime soon, as many legendary players that end up GM's have been awful lately. Nieuwendyk and Roy (Roy is supposed GM without the title in Colorado) just to name a few. I wasn't even a believer in Yzerman for his first couple years, he really redeemed himself later on.

I'm not gonna root against them or anything, unless it's against the Sharks. I just have no attachment to Marty as a managerial person.

It's not like Lou's team though, I would root against them almost all the time. Not because of Lou though, just because I've hated that franchise for years now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I would laugh if the Blues somehow blew this series after slaying the dragon in the first round. That would be LA Clipper 2015 like hilarious.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I agree with the goalie change, though Hitchcock would be dumb if he doesn't go back to Elliott next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce