Out of Our Town Playoffs Continued VII - Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Agreed. He wasn't actually wrong on the Rangers the last three years (and I was one of the few that agreed they were a legit threat), other than the off-the-wall worry that Boston would blow a 3-0 lead in the lockout season to them. But really even the biggest doomsayer should have been able to tell this year that something was amiss with the Rangers, whether it's attrition catching up to them from the deep playoff runs or just not being as good a team as they've been after losing some guys and making some other unneccesary moves like Hagelin for Etem. Plus they didn't get a round to fatten up on the choking dog Caps this year :P

And I'm glad the Isles are going splat, we won't have to hear about their ascendancy again for a while after this year assuming they lose Okposo and Nielsen in FA and they finally grant Hamonic his trade wish. Next great team, young up-and-coming team! Yeah that ain't working out other than finally getting off their 0-for the playoffs schneid against a team with almost as long a drought as them.

I think the Rangers have won almost every series I predicted them to win and lost every series I predicted them to lose in the last couple years. I think I predicted Pittsburgh beating them in 2014, when they had the blown 3-1 lead against them. But I do remember picking them to beat Philly (it's a joke that it took 7 games) and Montreal even before Price was taken out by Kreider. And I picked them to beat Pittsburgh last year and Washington. And I picked LAK, TB and Pittsburgh this year all to beat them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All this move does is maybe help the PK, which has been one of the worst among all playoff teams all season long. M

Wingels has been awful though. That entire bottom 6 (particularly 3rd line) looks like our Devils team from this past season.

You go down the lineup and see so many 1's when you see goal totals. And 1's and 2's for everyone in the bottom 6.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A fresh body is always good as well, let's see what he has left in him.
I don't think he has anything left in him. And it's not like his production was any better this year than his last with us. I think he may have been on pace for one more point. He was on pace for two more goals though. Or at least I think so?

But I could care less about this move because Wingels has been horrific, as has Nieto.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not exactly sure where to put this, and it might be bad karma for the Sharks if I'm blasting him.

But what exactly makes David Poile an amazing GM? He's been a GM for about 4 or 5 years longer than Lou has and has made the conference finals once. Even Rutherford has won a cup and been to two Stanley Cup Finals, despite not making the playoffs nearly as much. And Poile's last and only conference finals was the same year the Oilers last won the cup back in 1990. And the Caps made the finals the first year after he was gone, funnily enough.

Nashville fans love blasting Trotz, from what I've seen on the mainboard. And I think that's fair, Trotz was the head coach there for 15 years, so it's not like he should by any means still be there. But is the general consensus that they love Poile? I've also read things like ''I have so much respect for the way they run their franchise'' in regards to the Predators.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Not exactly sure where to put this, and it might be bad karma for the Sharks if I'm blasting him.

But what exactly makes David Poile an amazing GM? He's been a GM for about 4 or 5 years longer than Lou has and has made the conference finals once. Even Rutherford has won a cup and been to two Stanley Cup Finals, despite not making the playoffs nearly as much. And Poile's last and only conference finals was the same year the Oilers last won the cup back in 1990. And the Caps made the finals the first year after he was gone, funnily enough.

Nashville fans love blasting Trotz, from what I've seen on the mainboard. And I think that's fair, Trotz was the head coach there for 15 years, so it's not like he should by any means still be there. But is the general consensus that they love Poile? I've also read things like ''I have so much respect for the way they run their franchise'' in regards to the Predators.

He also assembled that disaster of a hockey team that participated in the Sochi Olympics.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He also assembled that disaster of a hockey team that participated in the Sochi Olympics.

He also let Scott Stevens walk as an RFA too.:laugh:

Which maybe is unfair to get on him for. I feel he's really overrated.

He's probably the best damn GM in the league to never really win anything.

I think he's particularly done a good job in the last couple years, but did a so-so job in the few prior years. Too many grinders, which most fans probably will attribute to Trotz's style of play. When you see his overall body of work though, it's very hard to believe that he's been a GM almost exclusively for close to 35 years straight now. Only one year he was not a GM in the time between 82 and now, and he technically was Nashville's GM already, they just didn't start play until the next season.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You think the Pens are letting the Caps win this so they can win the series at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce