Our weak PP

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Same thing happened when Spezza got hurt last year. Team overall was fine (if not better) without him, but the PP went into the tank. We need a puck handler on the half board, a face off guy and a guy with a good one-timer. Spezza was all three.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Same thing happened when Spezza got hurt last year. Team overall was fine (if not better) without him, but the PP went into the tank. We need a puck handler on the half board, a face off guy and a guy with a good one-timer. Spezza was all three.

I think this is the most important one. I'm hoping Turris and Zib will improve, negating this need.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think Ceci needs to be on the 1st unit. He has an absolute bomb and Karlsson can set him up for the one timer.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
He is too terrible at every other aspect of his game to warrant any feeling of nostalgia from not having him waiting for a pass on the PP.

The PP is actually coming along nicely.

:shakehead

You may not miss him, fine, and you can definitely argue the team is better without him, but terrible? Hyperbole much?

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I think that if there's a year to have a struggling PP its this one. PP opportunities seem down across the league this year. Also, as we all know, PP opportunities typically go down in the playoffs too. So if the team can have a solid record while not relying on the PP to win so many games, then it's a great sign of a well balanced team.

Heck, in the top 10 PP teams at this point you'll find nearly half aren't playoff teams )PHI, CLB, ARZ, SJ and CAR) so relying heavily on the PP doesn't equal wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad