OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Just finished the entire series of The Office on Netflix. That was one show I regret not watching when it was on TV. My wife and I enjoyed it very much!

Reactions: scottywiper

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Just finished the entire series of The Office on Netflix. That was one show I regret not watching when it was on TV. My wife and I enjoyed it very much!
Classic show which blossomed after a shaky start. Steve Carell was sensational and gave it a very different feel to the English one.
Made sure we popped into Scranton and saw the town sign on our way to Niagara Falls from NY recently. Ha ha

Reactions: beach

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I was thinking about Kevin Costner movies the other day before the destruction of the Laffs and I mentioned American Flyers in the GDT. I haven't seen it for a while so I had to watch it again. Really good soundtrack too.

For those interested, here's a little clip. My favorite part of the whole movie starting at 1:15 of the clip...

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
Not sure if anyone mentioned this earlier, but Im watching tvshow Billions third seasons first episode and Axe told he started his business in school when he faked Bossys and Trottiers signatures to his Islanders jersey and sold it to rich kids for $300. I think there was a clip from Isles game at Barclays center also in some of the previews seasons.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Philadelphia is one of those performances that gets overlooked in Tom Hanks' career. Such a well done movie.

Last edited:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
What percentage of people that " lol" do you think actually did it ?
I say less than one percent . Bunch of lolin liars

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I was thinking about Kevin Costner movies the other day before the destruction of the Laffs and I mentioned American Flyers in the GDT. I haven't seen it for a while so I had to watch it again. Really good soundtrack too.

For those interested, here's a little clip. My favorite part of the whole movie starting at 1:15 of the clip...

Better than Waterworld, that's for sure.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just finished Letterkenny and need a new half hour comedy to watch, any recommendations? I've watched F is for Family, Big Mouth, Sunny, Rick and Morty, and Brockmire.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

Loved that movie growing up. The theme song has been stuck in my head various times over the years. Just looked it up - never heard of Glenn Shorrock.

Reactions: PWJunior

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Did anybody watch the NFL combine over the weekend?
Quinnen Williams is a beast, so is DK Metcalf.
Josh Allen is a freak athlete. The jets and giants both have a great opportunity to get a really good player if they draft defense first.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Josh Allen is a freak athlete. The jets and giants both have a great opportunity to get a really good player if they draft defense first.

This DL class is beastly. Some describe it as the best in 20 years. The CB's and DB's are lackluster. Some really nice looking LB's. This is a defense heavy class.

Don't like any of the QB's, some nice looking T's, Dillard looks top-10.

Full disclosure, I'm a Broncos fan (because of Elway and I'm loyal to a fault).

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

DK Metcalf can basically only run in a straight line. 6th round pick Tom Brady ran a better 3 cone and 20 yd shuttle! I fear that Metcalf would be a combine freak that doesn't actually translate on the field. Paging Vernon Gholston...

Unless Bosa or Allen is there at 3, I personally hope the Jets find a partner to trade back, re-coup some picks they lost in the Darnold trade and make a "non-sexy" pick on the O-line.

Reactions: Beacon Isles

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
DK Metcalf can basically only run in a straight line. 6th round pick Tom Brady ran a better 3 cone and 20 yd shuttle! I fear that Metcalf would be a combine freak that doesn't actually translate on the field. Paging Vernon Gholston...

Unless Bosa or Allen is there at 3, I personally hope the Jets find a partner to trade back, re-coup some picks they lost in the Darnold trade and make a "non-sexy" pick on the O-line.

Completely agree on the jets point, it would be nice to get some assets we traded for moving up last year.
Metcalf might not have good agility but it didn't seem to hamper him on running routes in the SEC. Plus as a Natural X(which he projects to be, you are running alot of vertical routes, with a few deep-in routes mixed in there as well. He is so physical off the line that he will throw smaller corners around. Metcalf has to go to a scheme that fits his style of play.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte

I think you need to add Williams into the mix at 3. He is a freak athlete but also productive. Williams would upgrade the Jets D and put him next to Leo would make for a very good D line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad